the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

lights flicker w/ head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
coolen wrote:

No, this is when i'm just sitting in my truck with the radio low, not loud at all. the only issues that i see with my stereo, is when i turn my deck on, that's when the headlights will flicker. but if i'm just sitting in the truck listening to whatever, the light does it's dim, bright, dim......and so on.

thanks

Well then like I said, either the load of the system is too much for your battery, or the battery is old or defective, or the head unit or sub amp is wired incorrectly.  I'd vote first for the battery just being overloaded and/or not holding a charge properly.

Running any system on the battery alone for any length of time is likely to cause issues, as they really are not designed for that.

Support the12volt.com
coolen 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

I had to return to this topic.

I'm still experiencing the same issues, and also as i obviously forgot to mention- is that I have a optima red top in my truck. the battery is only maybe 4 months old or so. i double checked all the wiring and completed the big 3 upgrade. Still no change. So i guess i'm down to trying a different head unit. i was going to put my jvc in but i forgot that i let the harness go with my last car. i gotta find a new harness.

i'm just wondering if one of those voltage stabilizers would be a wise investment for me?

airhed692005 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hello mine was doing the same thing and come to find out it was the headlight switch drawing the power to make them do that. The switch was starting to go bad and was shorting out. Might want to look into that one or the voltage regulator might be going as well.
Ronald Bailey Owner/ Installer of VIBRATION CUSTUM SOUNDS. CUSTOM BOX DESIGNER AND BUILDER
TID-896 7" screen,Amp-BX1206d
4/0power/ground cables
4-12 mofos 12ft3 box tuned 40hz DB:163.1
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic