icon

08 tucson immobilizer bypass, door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
J()()se 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2008 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

Trying to install a remote start on an 08 Hyundai Tucson, using a XK05 bypass unit. It's listed on xpresskit.com website as being the correct unit to use, with the PKHY firmware. problem is, they don't have wiring info for the Tuscon, and none of the diagrams they inlcude seem to match up to it.

I also could only find wiring info for up to 07, and it appears the lock/unlock wires may be differant on the 08.

Thanks for any help!

J()()se 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2008 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, and it's a Canadian model v6.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
I only know the US model (which has no transponder), but:
1. Doorlocks. Remove driver's kick panel. There should be one vertical plug, with a brown wire and a yellow wire near the top, next to each other.
The brown and yellow will test as a ground, when you turn the key in the exterior lock cylinder.
One of those wires locks the doors, and arms the alarm. The other one unlocks the doors and disarms the alarm with a double pulse.
I forget which color is lock and which is unlock, but that'll be easy for you to figure out.
2. I don't know about the bypass. But, all of the instructions I've read say that you need the dealer scan tool to program them, so keep that in mind. Maybe call Trilogix tech support and see what they have to say.
audiovibe-mike 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2008 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

i just did an 05 canadian model this morning and it had no transponder to my surprise.

the door locks were gray and green in the driver kick

All modules for this vehicle need to be flashed at the dealer. it can end up costing quite a bit.

the easiest way to bypass it is by using a valet key in a key box or key wrap bypass.

if you have an extra key i suggest you do that, even if not it might be cheaper to get a new key specifically for this.

audiovibe-mike 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2008 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
oh and the doorlocks were negative pulse
J()()se 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2008 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

Well, got the vehicle back and got it all hooked up. Locks are good, alarm disarms...bypass, well sheesh.

I can't seem to find any proper immobilizer info for this thing anywhere.

I used an old 'key in a box' bypass I had kicking around. Just cranks. With the key in the ignition, still just cranks. If I turn the key in the igntion right after the RS module turns ignition on, then it will start. Tested one wire off the immobilizer at the cylinder that went 12v wtih key turned, tried powering that under remote start....still nothing.

I may try call the dealer tomorrow for some advice, if they'll give it out.

xplorin16 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2008 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

"With the key in the ignition, still just cranks. If I turn the key in the igntion right after the RS module turns ignition on, then it will start. Tested one wire off the immobilizer at the cylinder that went 12v wtih key turned, tried powering that under remote start....still nothing."

That actually sounds like theres a secondary ign or acc that is not getting energized.  Double check your wiring and make sure there are no acc or ign that are not being energized during rs.

Advanced MECP
J()()se 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

I thought of that. According to the wiring diagram I have there is no secondary ign or acc, but I didn't have time yesterday to take a good look at the ignition harness to make sure my diagram wasn't wrong.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic