box design for 1991 honda civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
6thaveme wrote:

To me atleast that seems very hard to do with that car..I have seen a few on youtube walled off but most local shops dont even have the experiance to do a procedure like that and most inexperianced box builders wont even come close to desighning that to fit rite and better yet sound good..

I have fit 12 12s in a 5th gen civic hatch yes it can be done. 161db 97 Usaci 100 watt consumer world record. then in 99 did 6 15s 158db in a 5th gen civic hatch.

box design for 1991 honda civic - Page 2 -- posted image.
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
on top of that i also did a 3 12s around 4.5 cube for my civic sedan the back seat was removed to get it in. Its the price you pay to get more square inches in there.
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
6thaveme wrote:

Even if you take out the back seat and attempt to wall of the civic a 8 cubic foot box is not going to fit threw doors and into the back of the car.No matter what the demintions of the box are it isnt possible.I had to take my front seat out and wrestle my 4 cubic foot box into the car from the passenger side door and then i had to get my box into the trunk from inside of my car witch was realy hard.....My whole trunk is the box now their isnt any room for even an extra cubic foot...So when i say it isnt possible it isnt possible trust me i tried to get some of my freinds boxes in there for the fun of it and they wouldent fit....building a box inside of that car isnt possible you have no room to work my freind...

you make a good point, but what J.Reed means is a WALL in the traditional sense that is built inside the vehicle from top to bottom and is meant to be permanent. anything else is just a big box

This can also be done by using multiple encosures to make one big one. Say for instance with this one you could use 2 enclosures, secure them together and then make your baffle

6thaveme 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
How would u put the two sepparate boxes together from inside the trunk glue each end and put them together from inside the trunk..very inspiring i would love to put 4 15s inside my trunk or even wall them off thank you soundsecurity for your advice it seems very difficult but you have to make sacrafices to get better in this game..I have a 93 honda civic 2dr coupe any suggestions on getting 4 15s in the trunk or inside the car...
4 12s cvr sealed
2 hifonics bxi608d
1 kinetic hc 800
alpine reciever
infinity kappa door speakers
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

6thaveme wrote:
How would u put the two sepparate boxes together from inside the trunk glue each end and put them together from inside the trunk..very inspiring i would love to put 4 15s inside my trunk or even wall them off thank you soundsecurity for your advice it seems very difficult but you have to make sacrafices to get better in this game..I have a 93 honda civic 2dr coupe any suggestions on getting 4 15s in the trunk or inside the car...

Walled you should be able to do it. 4 15s in a civic coupe trunk no way.

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
maybe 4 15s in a fiberglass box and using the extra space of the spare tire well but it still wont come close recommended airspace of any decent 15s. but either way the box will need to be built inside the trunk. now, if you wanted to take the back seat out and have the subs in a half wall with most of the box in the trunk but the subs in the cabin, that is doable
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
6thaveme wrote:

Even if you take out the back seat and attempt to wall of the civic a 8 cubic foot box is not going to fit threw doors and into the back of the car.No matter what the demintions of the box are it isnt possible.I had to take my front seat out and wrestle my 4 cubic foot box into the car from the passenger side door and then i had to get my box into the trunk from inside of my car witch was realy hard.....My whole trunk is the box now their isnt any room for even an extra cubic foot...So when i say it isnt possible it isnt possible trust me i tried to get some of my freinds boxes in there for the fun of it and they wouldent fit....building a box inside of that car isnt possible you have no room to work my freind...

15 cu ft would fit in a wall of the civic.
8 cu ft would be hard to get in a SEMI-wall as what you are talking about since you know what you are talking about correct??
Custom Enclosure Design
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
If you have cut the metal out between the cab and the trunk, you can easily get an 8 Cu.  Ft. enclosure into the car.  You might have to build it in the car, but you can get it in if it is in pieces.
6thaveme 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2009 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice i kinda figured i would never get 4 15s in the trunk of a coupe.Im going to get a new car soon and keep my civic on the road for competion so a wall seems very intresting....Im nervous that with the wall in my car there wont be enouph back pressure for the subs to sound good does anybody no how the wall will do on a meter.....
4 12s cvr sealed
2 hifonics bxi608d
1 kinetic hc 800
alpine reciever
infinity kappa door speakers
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2009 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

6thaveme wrote:
Thanks for the advice i kinda figured i would never get 4 15s in the trunk of a coupe.Im going to get a new car soon and keep my civic on the road for competion so a wall seems very intresting....Im nervous that with the wall in my car there wont be enouph back pressure for the subs to sound good does anybody no how the wall will do on a meter.....

Considering the loudest vehicals in SPL are walled what do you think that says for how they do on mics? If your asking for a number there are way to many facters to even give you an estimate. Power, enclosure, port tune, electrical upgrades, dampening, layout and not to mention the drivers them self.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic