icon

wiring for amplified '00 monte carlo amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
basmoq 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2008 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, the information for the 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo is not correct, as it states that there is an 12v+ accessory wire behind the radio for one, and there is no mention of the amplifier for 2... I'm planning to install a Parrot Bluetooth kit and plan to do it post-amp, but I need to know where the factory amp mute wire is and what the rest of the wires are.
Also, anyone know where the amp is for the front speakers??? All I can find is the amp mounted in the trunk.
audiovibe-mike 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2008 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

the reason there isnt an acc wire is because the 2000 monte carlo has the GM Data sytem. your door chimes come through your speakers. youll have to get one from under your steering column, which is really easy, im pretty sure its a brown wire. check it tho. im not too sure about where to find a mute wire. when i do aftermarket head units they have a mute wire on the GM Data Bus interface harness which is brown ,but only on that harness, but it's go to be there.

Have you ever seen an Acura with them butterfly doors???
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2008 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
The amp in the trunk runs all the speakers. You need to tap the front door speaker wires for the Parrot kit that go into the doors. Use the Parrot's mute wire to trigger a relay that will open the White wire at the radio. This is the trigger wire that turns the amp on. There is no direct mute wire which you can use.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic