icon

hornet 569t, 2007 scion tc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yunginstaller 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
Im installing a hornet 569t on a 2007 scion tc with a fortin key-override sl2 bypass. the hornet doesnt come with a 2nd stater wire and the scion needs one. What do i do? also has anyone worked with one of these bypasses? i cant get it to program. thanks
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
if both starter wires need the same type of input then just add a relay using the starter wire from the alarm as an input like this:
30= +12v,
85= to blue status output from alarm,
86= to purple starter wire from alarm,
87= to second starter
never used that bypass before
yunginstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
im already using the status output to activate my bypass. how should i wire it since it needs to see a (-) to the bypass and a (+) to the 2nd starter.
yunginstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
bump, i gotta finish this car up at 6 so i need some suggestions. the car turns on acc/ ign but i have a bad tach wire so would that prevent it from trying to start? or would it allow it to start then shut down imidiatley. again i have to figure out how to energize second start with no second start wire from the hornet. suggestions would be extremely helpful.
yunginstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
ok guys i got everything to work and crank over but it wont start. i cant get the bypass to program at all. i activated the remote start and held the key to the ignition barrel and it started so i know its the bypass. i have never worked with fortin i usually work with idatalink bypasses. all the wires are hooked up correctly i tripe checked. it just wont program. anybody use these?
yunginstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
also my keysense wire is 12v when the key is out and when i insert the key it drops to 0. does this means it grounded out?
yunginstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
when you install a bypass, and program the key to the bypass, when remote starting does it play back the code from the key or keys you programmed or does the bypass act as another key with a different code? Or does it tell the car that the module is authorized to be on its list of keys? just out of curiosity

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic