icon

tuning in a kicker sx1250.1 amp , need he

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pulser9 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so i just re ran my system and put in a Kicker sx1250.1 amp.  I have 2 rockford fosgate dvc 4 ohm 12inch p3 subs. Im in the proccess of making 2 fiberglass enclosures for them but am not goign to be able to finish them until after christmas. so right now i am just goign to use one in a seeled box that i have. Once i finish the boxes im goign to take it somewhere and get it profesionaly tuned. But for the time being id just like to get this one sub up and runing so that i have bass and it also dosnt hurt the sub.

Now my problem. If you have or have worked with the kicker sx12500.1 amp you would know thats its pretty danm complicated. it comes with no standard setings or anything. If someone could help me out and giove me an idea of what i should have the setings set on for my setup that im trying to get to run untioll i get it profesionaly done it would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

daburrrninator 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Not much difference between that amp and any other amp. Instead of using knobs for the settings, you use the screen. Just treat it like any other amp. Set the gain to the lowest settings, and turn it up like usual. Set the LPF at whatever frequency you want to start with it, and leave the phase alone if youre using just the one sub.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic