icon

2007 avalon remote start speedometer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ira1947 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

2007 avalon.  Basic key start w transponder system.

Installed Python 791xv Remote Start today in the womb along with a 556U but I buried a key because I couldnt figure out clock/sync/data wire so I gave up on 555x install.

Everything works 100% I think, BUT.......

My speedo isnt working.  Its limpy just sitting there at 0.  My check engine light is on I believe due to my install.  Mostly due to the BLUE STARTER WIRE and 2nd STARTER.  This is the 2nd remote start I've done and although I know some things, I dont know what to do  to properly juice 2nd starter cause Im on my meds today.

So, I bet you guys are gonna flame me hard, heres what I did:

I jumped the TOYOTA BLUE STARTER (STARTER SIDE) and 2ND STARTER (STARTER SIDE), to my one main STARTER OUT (STARTER SIDE) from my Viper.  Is this wrong? I thought it would be okay.  I thought that if it was a bad thing to do a fuse would blow.  Well, if you guys could help me out Id appreciate it, I been scouring google and 12volt for answers but I had to post sorry. 

1.  Do I need a relay to properly juice the STARTER and 2nd Starter?

2. Have you guys heard of speedo issues like mine?

3. Maybe I missed a plug for it?

Really thats it, happy holidays to you guys and girls, and the Remote starter works great but this damn speedo thing is gonna have me up all nite and scratching my head. I hope I didnt blow anything.  My girl is already screaming at me.

Compustar 2wss
ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
I should say I did not cut 2nd starter in half. It is in one piece just jumped from STARTER STARTER SIDE oh man Im doomed.
Compustar 2wss
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Indeed jumping the starter wires on Toyota is a bad thing. The AM1 fuse in the interior fuse box usually blows after a few weeks when it is done. You need to wire a relay for the second starter. Have you checked every fuse, inside and out?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Is this a push-button start Avalon or does it have a conventional key?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

He said it was a basic key start with transponder. 

ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

Hello MikeM2, Yes, jumping is very bad indeed as firsthand, well I thought I could get away with it, I unhooked the Jumper I had and Im gonna wire a relay then.  I need to check the fuses still...  I put it on my convensional Ebay cheapo OBDII scanner and it comes up "ERR"..... I cant read the CEL code.

Hello Chris W.  Yes this is a regular key start with Black Transponder (whatever theyre called like ford PATS) keys.

Could someone please context me on how to properly wire a relay to tie in 2nd STARTER Id be extremely grateful as my fingers hurt to type right now.

Compustar 2wss
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
I believe the RS you have has a ground out during crank? I think it's a thin purple wire. This wire goes to pin 85 on your relay. Pins 86 and 30 go to 12volts, pin 87 to the second starter wire.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
I went out and unhooked the jumper wire, the CEL went out, and my fricken girl got all her friends over and cars in the driveway and I wanna see if removing the jumper worked for the speedo. arg.
Compustar 2wss
ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for stopping in again M2, I really appreciate it. 

I have ground out while running ORANGE in this RS I believe, (Im sorry its a PYTHON 571XV Rem Start) to the 556u buried key at the moment. So, how could I split the Gr out while running somehow to power both my Bypass and my new relay setup for 2nd STARTER?  If that what I need to do.

Also I noticed my SEATBELT WARNING CHIME is gone.  Man I hated that warning, but I want it back now haha.  I bet  these circuits for speedo and my seatbelt chime may be related. 

Thank You everyone.

Compustar 2wss
ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

Also if it helps, I hooked Python RS TACH to one of my fuel injectors, NOT BROWN.  And, Im left wondering if the TACH TRESHHOLD on the Python Brain needs to be on the correct jumper setting for proper voltage with the fuel injector.

In my case, hooked to fuel inj instead of say, ECM or IGN COIL please, in your install experience, what setting should the brain be on for FUEL INJECTOR TACH Hookup? Ive got Hi - Lo  for settings. I should probly be on low huh because everything Ive done today has been kinda wrong so Ill chalk up one more.

Thanks.

Compustar 2wss
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic