icon

2008 dodge nitro, can sl2, viper 5900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
73dodgeboy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I installed the above combination over the weekend in my Nitro. I am not a professional, but am very familiar with vehicle wiring and electronics in general. For the most part, everything is working fine. However, I cannot find answers to the following questions (including searching):
1) The CAN-SL2 says it supports "Radio Off" for my vehicle. However, the radio is on when in remote start mode. How do I set it so that the CAN-SL2 keeps the radio off when in remote start mode?
2) I am getting two unlocks each time I unlock with the alarm. I went through the settings procedure and verified that it is sending one unlock pulse. I also changed the unlock pulse duration to 0.4 secs from 0.8, and it had no effect. I unplugged the factory alarm disarm wire, thinking that maybe it was disarming by unlocking, and then unlocking. No joy. I do not have a factory alarm on my Nitro. This is not a huge deal, but I'd like it to be right.
3) I cannot locate the WT/VT wire in the large harness near the driver footwell for the parking lamps. There is no WT/VT wire in the harness. I probed several of the WT/xx wires with a volt meter and none of them respond to parking lamps. I can't, for the life of me, find the pinout of that harness in my Factory Service Manual.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! The amount of information I've gained from this forum over the years is amazing.
Thanks,
Dave
yunginstaller 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

73dodgeboy wrote:
I installed the above combination over the weekend in my Nitro. I am not a professional, but am very familiar with vehicle wiring and electronics in general. For the most part, everything is working fine. However, I cannot find answers to the following questions (including searching):
1) The CAN-SL2 says it supports "Radio Off" for my vehicle. However, the radio is on when in remote start mode. How do I set it so that the CAN-SL2 keeps the radio off when in remote start mode?
2) I am getting two unlocks each time I unlock with the alarm. I went through the settings procedure and verified that it is sending one unlock pulse. I also changed the unlock pulse duration to 0.4 secs from 0.8, and it had no effect. I unplugged the factory alarm disarm wire, thinking that maybe it was disarming by unlocking, and then unlocking. No joy. I do not have a factory alarm on my Nitro. This is not a huge deal, but I'd like it to be right.
3) I cannot locate the WT/VT wire in the large harness near the driver footwell for the parking lamps. There is no WT/VT wire in the harness. I probed several of the WT/xx wires with a volt meter and none of them respond to parking lamps. I can't, for the life of me, find the pinout of that harness in my Factory Service Manual.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! The amount of information I've gained from this forum over the years is amazing.
Thanks,
Dave

1) Ususally the bypasses or remote starts themselves have a rap wire that you connect to the doorpin that shuts off the radio after you shut the car down through remote start. not sure you can turn the radio off while remote starting.

2) disarm in this car is only through oem remote only. Should also be unlock=disarm

3) thats where my program tell me the parking lights are. if you can't see it start testing.

I hope i can help a little mabe some more experienced installers will jump in and give you a hand or correct my statement if wrong.

good luck and keep pluggin at it!!!

73dodgeboy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking that the wire colors in my truck may be different from the manual because it is a 6-speed manual (rare). The CAN bus wires at the column were different from the factory service manual as well (pins were the same, but color on one wire didn't match).
I suppose I'll have to probe each of the pins for the parking lights. I still wish I could get the unlock to happen only once.
Upon further research, it looks like you're right about the radio off. It's just to turn it off at shutdown, not when running. Too bad... With my durango (old style high-current ignition), I could relay isolate the wipers and radio, so that they wouldn't run in remote start. It doesn't appear that this is possible with the newer ignition.
Dave

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic