icon

aftermarket heated seats ideas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
My wife wants heated seats in her '02 Astro Van- so what are my choices- a quick Google search shows some installation kits that require unstitching the seat and installing a heating pad- but it looks like it could be more difficult than the instructions point out- are there other options?  I don't believe heated seats were ever an option on M-bodies- so I don't think a salvage yard is an option.  Has anyone had good luck with aftermarket installs- of course I would want to activate them with my current R/S set-up- should not be a problem- just have never torn the fabric, or leather off of a seat before.....Thanks
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
those kits you saw earlier work good. the seat should not have to be unstitched. look at the bottom of the seat backs, there is probably a plastic "clasp" that runs the length. it comes apart and you can pull up the seat cover. you dont need to take off the whole thing or even remove it really. just get it to where you can put your hand up there. those pads are usually around 9X10 inches or so. you should be able to put it up under the cover of the seat with your hands and just adjust it where you want it and make sure its flat. the bottom cusion probably is bolted to the seat frame with 4 bolts. unbolt the bottom cusion (you might do this first because it will help to get the cover undone on the seat back) and the fabric cover should be held on with plastic clasps on the bottom side that go over some small metal bars unclasp them and install the bottom heating pad. its way easier than you are thinking.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic