icon

two 12's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chaosftw 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so i want to put two 12's in my 99 jeep cherokee, in the cargo area. I have a little experience with car audio. i wired and installed my head unit and speakers through an amp all on my own. I want some decent 12 inch subs with an 800 watt RMS each. I want to run them on sepirate amps. I've been looking on Ebay and stuff but i don't really know what's good for subwoofers as far as manufacturers go and stuff?
so any help with this would be great.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3123501
Visit my cardomain
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
why two 12" subs and two amps?? And why 800 watts rms...all of this is irrelevant to the main point.
What is your goal with the sound system and what is your price??
Custom Enclosure Design
chaosftw 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
I dont want to know how loud i can get or what ever, i just want to know whats good or where to look. the price is irrelavint, what i told you is just what i want to use because thats how i want to set up my box and thats how i have it drawn up. what i was asking was what twelve and what amp will run well around 800 watt, becasue I dont want loud just clearity and a good looking system.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3123501
Visit my cardomain
daburrrninator 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
He was probably asking why you have your mind set at 800watts and why 2 amps. Numbers you just randomly picked? The price is very relevant too, unless money is no object.
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Ok if you want to run 800 watts rms per speaker thats goin to put you at 1600 rms total output.  With this tyoe of power you are going to run into voltage problems.  You will have to upgrade your alternator and do the big three for sure.  How do you already have a box drawn up if you dont know what subs you are running? Each different type of driver requires a specific box size to operate properly.  Price is a definate factor as some subwoofers can cost 1000 dollers and upwards.  We need your budget to give you a choice that is in your price range.  If you are looking for sq you can get away with a system that is much less power and will cost you less in the long run.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic