icon

astrostart 5224 in 2007 yukon denali xl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
I've never installed an astro in a new GM yet. I've been told they can be kind of tricky without the proper bypass modules. Here is what I plan on using:
AstroStart 5224
iData ADS-AL CA
---with the ADS-AL(DL)-GM3 firmware
Im told that this module works well for these vehicles. I've used the module on the new Dodge/Chrysler vehicles and they are GREAT. Just not sure how to go about doing it with a new Denali? Do I have the correct firmware? Anybody used the iData modules before?
Any help is appreciated! Thanks alot.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
green6767 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2008 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody? Would like some insight here if you have any. Thanks.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2008 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
The Idatalink unit makes this truck VERY easy. It supplies practically every wire you need except lights. Two things tho, directly wiring this to the Passlock system will cause a current draw of 30ma when idle. We always install a ADS-RNG-GM3 with the bypass to avoid the draw. It is simply a pickup coil that goes around the key cylinder and learns they keycode. Second, I have had issues on these trucks when using the DBI data connection. I don't know if your Astrostart even has it, but i always hard wire the units together even when they do. If i don't i can never get the tach wire to work....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
green6767 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2008 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Mike: Thanks a lot! Exactly what I needed. I will just hardwire it directly as the Astro's don't have the data connection. Autostart does however. Thanks for the heads up on the Ring though, I didn't know that part. I appreciate the advice. GREAT help!
green6767 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2008 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
So I've come across another issue. Im having issues finding the add on ring. There are 2 ways to install this module. Type 2 or 3 for the Yukon Denali XL. If I use type 2, I need to use the add on ring and there will be a 7 mA draw. Which is fine, it won't be an issue with draining the battery.
If I install using type 3, I don't need the ring, but like you said it will be causing a 30 mA draw.
Im at a fork in the road here. I know the owner of the vehicle will be leaving the truck sit for a couple days at a time here and there. Will a 30 mA draw cause a dead battery do you think? Makes me hesitate installing this module in type 3 mode. I would rather do it with type 2 but I don't think i can find the add on module. Any leads to one maybe? Anybody on here have one that they would be willing to sell me?
HELP!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic