icon

omega db jdlp 2000 grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fobin 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2008 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
I am having a problem with programming this DB-JDLP. I believe I followed the instructions to the letter. I talked to a local guy and he told me to do the trick with the diesel delay to power up the vehicle ignition. The programming seems to have taken but the jeep is still looking for the key. When it remote starts I see the key with a line through it on the instrument cluster. It will start, but then stalls. If I leave a key in it, it starts fine. Is there any way to prove that the module took the programming or any other thing I can check out?
Thanks
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 06, 2008 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
I would have to think the module's transponder chip did not program as indicated by the 'key with a line through it' part of your post.
Chrysler's can be a bear to program a new key to. Just keep trying, it should take.
You don't mention what brand RS you are using, but with the DEI pieces I use, they offer a wait to start input. This wire, when grounded will energize the ignition but not try to start until ground is removed. I ground that wire, put in the first key, turn to run, wait for light to go out, put in second key, turn to run, wait for light to go out...then I remote start the vehicle with the wait to start grounded. Once the light goes out I remove the ground from the wait to start, and remote start. For some reason this takes the first time on some cars, and others I have to repeat the process several times before it takes.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Fobin 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2008 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I am using an UltraStart 1250. The local guy told me to run 12 volts to the Blue wire that gives it the diesel/glo plug warm. The ignition comes on without starting the car, but I was worried that it did eventually start the car at around 10 seconds. Can I keep trying to program the DB-JDLP on this vehicle? The wire going to the vehicle OBDII is a little short to reach the ignition key. I was told that I could remove the module from the wiring harness and hold it to the ignition key. Does that sound right or should I extend the wire so that it reaches the key cylinder properly.
Thanks
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2008 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
If you want to verify that the module is programmed:
1. Take one of your factory Jeep transponder keys and wrap the gray head completely in aluminum foil(this blocks the key's RF signature from reaching the antenna ring around the key cylinder).
2. Holding the DB-JDLP module in front of the antenna ring, turn that key to "Run". The invalid key indicator in the cluster should illuminate briefly and then go out if it's been properly programmed.
Also, you can and should unplug the module when programming. Additionally if you like, you can unplug your remote start connector which contains the heavy gauge ignition harness wires and jumper the vehicle's blue ignition wire(the only one which needs to be powered for transponder programming) using a jumper wire at that connector.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic