icon

clutch bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
traviscoots 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2008 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

I believe i have a type3 clutch wiring system, not exactly sure what that is, explanation on the different types would be super.

anyways, i own a 2005 dodge dakota 6 speed, and what im aiming to do is install a switch that will bypass the clutch so i can start the truck without the clutch pushed in. much like the toyota trucks had in the 90's

i am deciding on whether or not to make it to where i have to push it each time which i would believe i could just use a momentary switch, or make it to where i can install a switch that shows the clutch is in at all times unless i wanna turn it off.

THIS IS STRICTLY JUST FOR CUSTOMIZING PURPOSES AND PRACTICE ONLY.

that and i want to install a remote start and if the switch is not pushed i will be hooking up a safety to where it does not engage.

any help is appreciated thanks.

possibilities are limitless. if you can think it you can do it.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

If you get a remote start that is designed for a manual trans I'll tell ya how to bypass the clutch.

You have NOT givin enough info, and come REAL close to busting the forum rules on this issue?

THIS IS STRICTLY JUST FOR CUSTOMIZING PURPOSES AND PRACTICE ONLY.     This doesn't matter.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
agreed. grab a manual safe starter or automatic starter with DEI vss.
traviscoots 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

hmm. guess i wasnt aware of the rules of the forum. but the only information i was really needing is what does type 3 clutch mean? i know type a is pos. type b is neg. and type c is rev. for door locks, but not sure on clutchs. dont exactly know what other info to give other than that. i stated what i wanted to do, i just need to know how to replicate the clutch switch.

if i installed a manual trans r/s the manual will tell me how, but thats not what im aiming for because the sequence you have to go through is dumb. justs want to push a button to cancel my clutch and make it to where the r/s ONLY works when this button is pushed.

the statement about strictly customizing was only made so no one thinks im trying to make something work on a customers vehicle, im not ghetto.

i hate any dei product, ultrastart and fortin are way better, they actually work and if you dont think dei sucks, why are they discontinuing their bypasses? they are buying from fortin now.

anyways, thanks.

possibilities are limitless. if you can think it you can do it.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  

why are they discontinuing their bypasses? they are buying from fortin now.

They gots to do somethin to get their stock above .25 a share.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic