icon

adding more sensors?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nycmaximas 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  
Which wires do I need to tap into to add in the following additional sensors? glass break, shock, tilt and microwave. I read about diode isolating them and all that but I'm not sure which wires I need to tap into to make them work.
I can't just plug them into the 3 pin slot on the alarm brain because none of the connectors fit in that slot.
adding more sensors? -- posted image.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
if you need to you can wire some of them up to an unused doorpin input to the alarm. most sensors only use 3 wires, one is positive, one is negative, and the other is just a negative output that triggers the alarm. the only problem would be if you have a paging alarm you wont see it on the remote as a sensor being triggered it will see it as a door being opened but it will still set the alarm off. and if you need to you can use a relay to boost the negative trigger from the sensors if it isn't enough to trip the alarm. and you will lose any warn functions of the sensors because you are hooking them up to the alarms instant triggers.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
you having any trouble installing the alarm or rs. the reason i ask is because i remeber i installed one of these in a parents friends car (unknown brand) and for the life of me had so many problems of it not starting. and i have installed tons of them
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
you having any trouble installing the alarm or rs. the reason i ask is because i remeber i installed one of these in a parents friends car (unknown brand) and for the life of me had so many problems of it not starting. and i have installed tons of them
LOL..yea actually I am.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=109340
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
you still got trouble witht he unit? if you got any questions just post them up, crap load of installs and i must say this one busted me hard, finally i found out the problem. then it wasnt so bad for 50 dollar pager rs and alarm ahah.
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
you still got trouble witht he unit? if you got any questions just post them up, crap load of installs and i must say this one busted me hard, finally i found out the problem. then it wasnt so bad for 50 dollar pager rs and alarm ahah.
The only problem I'm having is getting the car to stay remote started. It will crank up and run for about 5 seconds and then it shuts down and restarts again and the process repeats.
The only thing that I did wrong was not isolating the starter wires. I have to run a relay to power up the second starter wire because right not I just connected both starter wires to the starter wire on the alarm.
With the key in the ignition and in the off position, the car will remote start fine and run but after about 5-10 seconds I hear the starter grinding-it seems like the car is still trying to start.
tedmond 
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
disconnect your PURPLE / white from the tach. now take the RED (+) oil sensor input and connect this to your ignition wire. Give that a shot and see if it works.
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
disconnect your PURPLE / white from the tach. now take the RED (+) oil sensor input and connect this to your ignition wire. Give that a shot and see if it works.
I think you may be on to something. I went thru the manual again and found the wire for the oil sensor. For some reason I kept assuming it was an optional wire [maybe I read wrong the first time] but now I realize it doesn't say {optional} in the notes.
I assume that means this wire must be powered for everything to function properly.
I will try it out tomorrow and let you know what happens.
tedmond 
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
no name units are weird like that. th tach doesnt do much as it doesnt really sense anything at all. if you connected it to constant 12v it would still crack nonstop. the only way it to remove that tach wire, and connect the red oil sensor to your ignition. this just tells the unit the car is actaully running since the oil pressure light isnt on. its a dumb design i must say.
nycmaximas 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
no name units are weird like that. th tach doesnt do much as it doesnt really sense anything at all. if you connected it to constant 12v it would still crack nonstop. the only way it to remove that tach wire, and connect the red oil sensor to your ignition. this just tells the unit the car is actaully running since the oil pressure light isnt on. its a dumb design i must say.
Dude you are the man!
I connected the oil sensor wire to the ignition wire like you suggested and bingo..the car stays remote started. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic