icon

2008 corvette remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jimmy 2 Times 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

So I am going to attempt to install a remote start on my 2008 corvette.  I have the RS, the extra key fob, and my 1101t bypass will be here tommorrow.

my question, has anyone attempted to do this yet?  Also, I hvae one of the new viper RS that is for Manual transmissions.  You have to do a sequece before you leave the car.  Is there a neutral indicator somewhere in the car?  I could have sworn older chevy's have this in their column somwhere?

thanks

Jimmy

Jimmy 2 Times 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

well, it looks like there is no NSS on this car.

So other than using the shut down sequence on my RS, what are my other options?  on my old camaro with an aftermarket shifter with stops on it, i used the screw to simulate the ground.  If shifter stick was in gear, it would show  negative on my dmm.  Unfortunately, this has a stock shifter on it, so no adjustment screw :(

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
JIMMY 2 TIMES wrote:

well, it looks like there is no NSS on this car.

So your saying if you leave it in gear and the starter turn over the car will take off? that doesnt seem right for an 08 corvette. there is no neutral safety switch at the transmission? no wire to show in gear or not at the BCM? 2008 corvette remote start -- posted image.there should be. you might wanna look a little closer dude.

Jimmy 2 Times 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
I just checked my wiring diagrams, and it doesn't seem to have one.  Anyone have access to mitchel?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
GM manual trans. cars have never had a neutral safety switch on the column, just the clutch switch(which usually directly interrupted the starter wire).
Some of their older automatics had a mechanical safety which blocked the key from turning forward unless in P or N, which might be what you're thinking of. Automatics with an electrical NS switch always mounted the switch on the transmission itself.
As far as your Corvette - do you have to push the clutch in to start if the trans is in neutral?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Jimmy 2 Times 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
that is good to know.  I will check when I get home to see if i can start in neutral with out the clutch

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic