the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5900, 82 toyota 4x4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed my Viper 5900 into an 82 Toyota 4X4, carb with a standard tranny. Installed two limit switches for the stick shift and remote start works fine.

I want to add an electric cruise control servo to set the choke just before the remote starter hits the starter. I need a way to detect a remote start sequence. Reading the manual, can I think I can use chan 4 along with the wait to start option while the servo is performing WOT sequence which takes about 2 sec.

When you hit the remote start button, will the Chan4 o/p go low right away for the set time (assuming it is linked to remote start as a timer)? I want to change this to 4 sec instead of the preset 30 sec once I can get my hands on a Bitwriter.

Does the alarm look at the Diesel, wait to start input immediately after the button is pressed or is there a delay as I assume time would be needed for a typ ECU to start up then pull this line low as the glow plugs are heating?  I was thinking I could use this input on the relay (gnd side) that picks up the servo, as it will be at ground intially until picked up (in motion) then back to ground once the ch 4 timer expires. I guess option 2 would be just to set this wait to start as a 4 sec timer?

FYI, I will interlock the two servo relay contacts with a relay that will pick up when the ACC key is on as I do not want a WOT condition while driving down the road.

Also, does the activation input H1/10 also start the remote starter if taken to ground twice? I designed my own mangement system which has the ability to read coolant and out side temps and display them on a screen. I may want to have my own temp start interface, so I could use this input to remote start the truck?

How does the status output H3/5 work? It says it goes low as soon as the remote process begins, for how long? Is it a fixed pulse? Could I use this output instead of chan 4?

I find the install manual a tad vague!

cdx280 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, well let me just first say that i can help you with part of your questions, just not all of them. 

The wait-to-start trigger is monitored after the acc and ign wires have been powered up.  When the WTS indicator goes out, the remote start sends voltage along the starter wire.  WTS can also be programmed for a predetermined period of time.

The activation input works the same way as activating the remote start from the key fob.  If you have it programmed for pressing the star button twice, then a double pulse on the WHITE/ blue wire will activate the remote start the same way (most frequently used when adding remote starter to a vehicle with a different pre-installed alarm).  this would allow you to interface with your own mngment sys.

The status output (both the blue and blue/white) send a ground as so as the remote start is activated and stays on for the duration of the remote start. It is also possible to program the output duration as it can be used for additional features such as rear defogger.

hope this helps

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
A door solenoid (lock) such as a Spal will achieve the same result as a cruise control actuator with much less size and cost.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
yes, use a door solonoid. also you can use the status wire from the unit and connect it to a DEI 528T. the 528t has an adjustable timer output so you wont need a bitwriter.
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all the replies. I did think of a door solenoid, but phase two is to add  cruise control to the truck. I got an electric cruise servo from a late Honda on ebay for $10, so no biggie there. I just need to get the remote start finished to get me through the cold days.

I will program a micro controller as a cruise controller as an add on later. It's a hobby thing for me.

I could add a timer interface to the alarm, but want it up and running sooner, rather than later and if the alarm can do, it then lets see.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic