icon

Programming New Remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rfh1234 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I bought a 99 Toyota Solara SLE and it only came with one remote for the keyless entry/ alarm system. The salesman got me another remote but says I must leave the car for a day so he can program it to work with my system. Does anyone know how to do this, for my vehicle with factory alarm/keyless entry. It would be a real inconvenience to leave my car for a day, especially for a job that probably takes a minute. Thanks for any help on this   Ron

Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
If this is the RS3000, try this link, Http://www.romaniatoyotaparts.com/viprsalin.html. Go to the programs and adjustments section.
Tacomacrew
rfh1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, if I had an RS3000 that link would have been great, and I thank you for trying. Unfortunately, I have a factory installed alarm, not the RS3000. I did, however, have the RS3000 on my 4-Runner. It was so ridiculously easy to take out, when I put in a real alarm, that I can't believe it would stop a thief with even basic knowledge of Toyota's alarm systems.

As far as my factory alarm goes on my 99 Solara SLE, I was wondering if there were any links to places that have information on their operation/features. It would be nice to change a few settings if possible, the doors don't automatically lock and alarm set, you HAVE to press the lock button on the remote, and I'm somewhat forgetful since my other vehicle sets itself. This alarm also has no audible chirp/double chirp, which I would like to set if possible. Then there is the programming of a new remote control which I need to learn to do, again, if possible.

My searches here and through Google have come up empty so far, maybe I'm not using the right words or whatever, but hopefully someone here can help me. The amount of help I got here last year when I removed/installed systems last year on my 4-Runner was incredible.

Thanks, Ron

Scott35 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
What does your remote look like? Can you post a picture?
Tacomacrew
rfh1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

the remote is black, about 2" long by about 1" wide, sides are straight, ends are slightly rounded, it has 2 buttons on the front, one on top of the other, not side by side. The top button, furthest from the keychain is the "lock" button and the lower button is the "unlock" button. Below that is the Toyota logo, like on the grille of a Toyota. On the back near the bottom is a red "panic" button, at the top is an imprinted area with the FCC ID # on the first line, CAN # (whatever that is. Canada #?) along with a TRW logo. It looks like an OEM Toyota remote, straight out of the factory. Not like an aftermarket with side by side buttons

Thanks, Ron

Scott35 
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like the Rs3200.
Tacomacrew
rfh1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

Yes I believe it is the RS3200. I searched and found a manual for it but it doesn't describe how to program a new remote. After comparing the 2 manuals, the one thing in "programming" that both had, was how to set whether the ignition locks/unlocks the doors automatically. The procedure was the same for both, so possibly the "add remote" procedure is also the same. I'll try tomorrow. If anyone knows that this is not the case and knows the correct procedure for adding a remote to an RS3200 alarm system, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks, Ron

Scott35 
Posted: March 18, 2003 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Try this link: WWW.geocities.com/rtparts7/. It is for programming of the Rs3200.
Tacomacrew

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic