icon

2004 trailblazer windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
25msojr 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
i have aroyal guard remote start / security system and a expresskit xk01.......not installed yet..... wil i be able to make the windows go up and down?
25msojr
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
you can only make the windows go up and down if you purchase the 530t from DEI. its a window controller
25msojr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
would that module control the windows via data line or hard wired?  if it is indeed communicated from the module you speak of to the BCM via data line, then i don't understand why this logic is not already inplace in the xpresskit xk01 module that i have already purchased.
25msojr
25msojr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2008 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I am looking for some expert advice from a knowledgeable experienced person involving the install of a "royal guard" 2 way paging remote start / security system and an expresskit xk01 module with firmare amdl into my wifes 2004 trailblazer 4x2 4.2l i-6.  I am an ase certified master tech and toyota mdt so i really just have a few questions because i am new at all of these after market systems.  However I do have access to all service data and schematics.  OK here are a few questions; 1.) will the xk01 communicate to the data bus and roll up my windows?  2.) for the rear door triggers i read to connect to the dome light, but wouldn't the oem dome light delay or fade away dome light cause a false trigger if you get out and lock or "arm" the car before it goes off.  Well I 'm sure I'll have a few other questions but before i go on typing a novel here i think i'll just wait and see if i get any responses since i am a new member and this is my first post. 

25msojr
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
Windows: The XK01 will close the front windows (and sunroof, if equipped) if it receives a SECOND pulse on the green lock input.
That is, your remote starter has to be capable of letting you lock the doors twice in a row. You also have to enable the windows feature in the XK01's programming menu (included with the instructions).
It will not roll any of the windows down. It will not control the rear windows at all. (The rear windows are not controlled through data.)
Door triggers: I've never heard of a "royal guard" alarm, but many good, modern alarms have some way of being "taught" to ignore a delayed domelight. See if yours has something like this in the instructions.
The XK01's negative door trigger output will monitor the two front doors, as well as the tailgate, even if you don't hook that other wire up to the car's domelight at all.
If you don't mind a compromise: Just connect the XK01's door trigger output to your alarm's door trigger input, and don't make any connections (from either the alarm or the XK01) to the car's domelight.
Your new alarm will still monitor the two front doors and the tailgate, and there's also a chance that anyone opening the back door would still trigger your shock sensor.
If your Trailblazer has a factory alarm, it'll still be functioning, so at least the factory alarm will sound if someone breaks into a rear door.
25msojr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

the Royal Guard remote start / security system is one i got on ebay thinking most of them are pretty much the same.  now i wonder if i did the right thing by buying it.  Any suggestions for simpler installs??  for instance i noticed some are data to data connections between the rs/ss system and the additional modules such as a bypass/door lock module.  the reason i chose this one was due to a couple of features.  1.) it is supposed to automatically unlock and disarm when aproaching the vehicle with the remote in your pocket once you get within 3 feet to 20 feet of the car.  2.) because it is a 2 way with 2 lcd display remotes that beep and vibrate ect. what would be some more reputable name brands and models that might have those two features.

ps thanks for your replys

25msojr
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
Honestly, I wouldn't bother with that Royal Guard piece.
I seriously doubt that the "owner recognition"/automatic unlocking upon approach will work the way they're advertising it, or anything like a factory proximity key. To my knowledge, no manufacturers whose products are sold in stores in the U.S. offer anything like that.
What's more likely is that
a.) it won't work at all due to manufacturing defects or dishonest advertising,
b.) it will unlock the doors when you're just walking around the car and don't want it to(factory prox. keys don't unlock the door until you actually grab the handle),
c.)since the remote would have to be constantly emitting an active RF signal in order for the control module to recognize its approach, it would require a new battery every week or two.
As far as the 2-way remote systems with vibration/chirps, etc. those are made by just about every reputable manufacturer. Audiovox, Compustar, Viper, Scytek to name a few. Many of those available on eBay. You may have to conspire a bit with a dealer to get a defective brain replaced under warranty, but that's still more service than you'd ever hope to get from Royal Guard, Motiontek, Thor, etc.
In a nutshell, if you see an alarm/RS whose manufacturer has a website in good English, it's a safe bet.
Also, a comment for Chris Luongo: I was under the impression that the window roll-up on GMs via the XK01 would only work on full-size pickups/SUVs (platform 4), and that all windows on the Trailblazer were switched conventionally. Have you experienced any differently?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
25msojr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
The window roll up function will work if the rs/ss sends 2 (-) pulses unpon locking/arming the car.  rolls up the front windows first and the rear windows second.  however my rs/ss module is only capable of pulsing (-) once.  But just as an experiment i jumpered (-) to the lock/arm input of the xk01 module imediatedly after locking with the aftermarket remote, and sure enough the windows went up ... all four of them.  so my next question is how can I add an extra (-) when locking/arming with the aftermarket remote??... Man this doodie has me stressed out!!!
25msojr
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
25msojr, do you have an aux. channel which isn't used on that alarm? Perhaps the trunk release, channel 3, something like that?
You could tap that wire onto the "lock" input to the XK01 as well(assuming it's a (-) output), and operate that channel after arming - this should roll the windows up.
Everyone can disregard my previous comment about the Trailblazers having non-data windows.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic