icon

Passlock II Bypass, 02 Chevrolet Astro Van

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
12volt 1247sf 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
Can anyone tell me how to by-pass passlock II for remote start on a 2002 Chevy Astro van without the use of by-pass module? I would like to know how to use only resistor and relay to by-pass the system without causing the security light to come on. I would appreciate if you can include a diagram for wiring connection. Thanks.
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
The way I bypass passlock II with NO relay is a like this:
There will be a yellow, white, and black wire. Leave the white wire alone, don't touch it, you won't need it. You will only be dealing with the black and yellow wire. Start the vehicle. Snip the yellow wire, the security light will come on, this is how you know that you snipped the correct passlock wire. Use a digital multimeter and measure the resistance from the key side of the yellow wire and the black wire. (one lead on the key side of the yellow, one lead on the black wire--which is NOT cut, only the yellow wire is cut).
Record that resistance value you get. Shut the vehicle off. At this point do NOT try to restart the vehicle with the yellow wire being cut. If you need to restart the van, make sure you reconnect the yellow wire.
Take your resistor with the correct resistance and connect one end to the stripped back black wire and the CAR SIDE of the yellow wire. Tape off the key side of the yellow wire, you won't be using it anymore. NOW you can't attempt to start the car. If it starts with no security light, you're all done. Solder and tape.
Be sure to match your resistance as close as possible. Within 90%.
This is permanent bypass. You are eliminating the passlock system in the vehicle. If you don't want to eliminate the passlock security, then you will need to use a module. If you need extra instructions or questions, just PM me. I've done this method hundreds of times.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
12volt 1247sf 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much  for the info. I really appreciate that. I will try that later. By the way, what range approximately is the resistance value? is it of the order of kilo-ohm or mega-ohm? Also, correct me if I am wrong, even with the passlock system wires intact anyone can still start the vehicle if he can somehow pick the lock or get the lock cylinder to turn since the magnetic sensor is built into the housing and no resistor is on the key like the VATS?
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
The resistance value will be in hundreds to thousands of ohms (kilo-ohms). Passlock doesn't read a resistance value from a key or a chip in the key. The passlock system is built into the ignition system which detects a resistance value upon the ignition cylinder turning.
The only way you're going to be able to start the car is turning the ignition cylinder with a key. Not sure if you can just jam a screwdriver in there and turn it....never tried it. haha.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic