icon

2004 silverado as 6850tw problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
atrim 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

Vehicle is a 2004 Silverado crew cab. Has an autostart  as-6850tw-fm along with a GMDL-BP. Everything seems to work ok except for a few small problems that bother me. I talked to DEI and they kinda told me to try a XK01 module, so i figured i may get another solution here.

Problem is after exiting the vehicle i lock/arm the system it locks just fine, but about 5 secs after it locks again, at that moment the anti-theft light come on the dash for a little bit. Im assuming the factory system is arming itself which is locking the doors, is this normal to do or can it be fixed to only lock once ?

My other problem is while the truck is running by remote start and i lock or unlock doors the headlights flash, which the truck has HIDs so i really dont want them flashing all the time, how can i make them so they dont flash. The as-6850 doesnt show an option for headlight flashing.

One other thing i noticed is when i put the truck in park, it unlocks the doors(factory system), but then when i shut off the truck it tries to unlock again. Now i assume this is because of the alarm having ignition locked enabled, but im sure i disabled that, but i will try and redo the programming again.

Also i couldnt get priority door access to work, which im fine without it working. I read it is alot of work to get this to work, or is there something i did wrong? The factory system it worked fine.

Thank you for any help.

atrim 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Any advanatge of the XK01 over the GMDL-BP?
atrim 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

Ok the unlocking after ignition is shut off is fixed with reprogramming a second time.

Still need to figure out how to keep the headlights from flashing while remote started and the relocking after armed problem.

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Try setting the e-brake. That may just be autolights turning on the headlights. Otherwise if there is a way to override autights you could try that, or if you are really bothered by this, you copuld cut the power to the headlights with a relay.
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged  

The 2nd "re-locking" is normal.  The GMDL-BP will do that with the 800GMT trucks.

As for the headlamps, was there a wire that you connected from your autostart to your headlamps?

Your truck has an option in the DIC menu to flash the lamps at panic. See if disabling it works for you.

atrim 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
OmarR wrote:

The 2nd "re-locking" is normal.  The GMDL-BP will do that with the 800GMT trucks.

As for the headlamps, was there a wire that you connected from your autostart to your headlamps?

Your truck has an option in the DIC menu to flash the lamps at panic. See if disabling it works for you.

Nothin connected to autostart to headlights. It must be the factory system flashing them.

DIC menu? What is that and how do i disable it or change it?

OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

Does your truck have a menu that you can access thru the steering wheel buttons?

(I know that not all trucks come with this option)

atrim 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
No it does not, no steering wheel controls.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic