the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 grand am remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
habco1 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  

Can anyone tell me what would make a vehicle not start with the remote after the temperature outside gets to cold? I thought it might be missing an accessory or igniton hook up but this is not the case. I thought maybe the tach signal is not strong enough but this was not the case. Has anyone heard of a bypass that stops working when it is cold?

If you always do,what you always did,you will always get, what you have always got
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
What will the car do just crank. Describe exactly what is happening
habco1 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
The car tries to start three times but it doesn't start. It is weird that it only happen when it is cold.
If you always do,what you always did,you will always get, what you have always got
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  

if you did a bypass with a relay and resistor then there will be problems. if you used a databypass then there should be no problems.did you use a tach signal? it could also be the battery. check the voltage on it

habco1 
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
This isn't one of my starters. I did one for the lady's husband and she wants me to look at it for her. I will try those suggestions though. Thanks
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
is it just not cranking long enough for it to start? try programming it to crank longer.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
habco1 
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
I checked the car today and the unit is a Extremestart 1524sh. The Byapass is a GMI - 100. I have not seen one of these before. The car start great for me numerous times today. I reprogrammed the Tach. I could not find any info one the Bypass so I could not do anything for this. Later on this evening when the car had sat for a while. The car would not start with the remote. I put a charger on the battery and then tried it a little later on. The car started for a second then shut down. It did this for the typical 3 tries then shut down. The car did souind like it had started though before it stopped.
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
next time the remote start fails to successfully start look to see if the factory "theft system" or "security" light flashes- maybe sit in the car and remote start it.  if the light flashes get a bypass module that interfaces with the purple wire at the OBD2 connector and the nightmare will be over
habco1 
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone tell me anything about the GM I-100 Bypass module?
saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah I can tell you that the GM I100 is your problems. Get rid of it and move to a data based unit. GMBP, INT-SL or ADS-DLSL will work beautiful. Myself, I would use the GMBP since your doorlocks are probably already done hardwired.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic