the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 dodge ram 1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
i have an 02 ram with factory stereo system it in i now have sound every once and a while meaning it will work for about a minute then thats it the deck never shuts off it shows the volume changing up and down but no sound   it has the infinity system in it    any body heard of this before ??   thanks in advance Joe
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
your factory amp is going out or your speakers have a problem with them
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
any way to check the factory amp ? and where is it located ?
chefwoz 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Joe I'm having the same problem with my 2004 dodge ram pickup too. I was told that there is an amp behind the glove box but I have not got to that yet. I copied a wiring diagram off and it shoew the amp and says it's says it's in the upper right side of dash?
chefwoz
chev104275 
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
the amp is behind the glove box its a pain to get it out the glove box has to come out the cup holders all the trim behind the glove box it goes down behind the cup holders and over to the drivers knee bolster theres a ton of 7mm screws that hold it all in   theres 3 10mm bolts holding the amp in the front 2 are easy to get to the on on the side sucks    i removed the amp completly and just used the internal amp in the radio had to cut and solder a bunch of wires that went to the amp to bypass it though works good now
i took a speaker and tested the outputs of the radio before doing all of that   i have my homemade wire color chart at work   dont know if it would be that same but i can list it for you so you can use it as a reference   this truck has 4 full size doors 1 speaker in each and 3 speakers in the dash    
hope this helps you
chefwoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
which wires did you have to solder? yup 4 in the doors and 3 on the dash thats what I have. It took me about 3 hrs to get that amp out let me tell you! I did take some good pixs though! Do all the speakers work and how does it sound? So it wasn't the radio then was it?
chefwoz
memfus_boi 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
wasnt the 2 plugs on the amp? just unplug them and jump over the wires if u have room
If I'm to loud, then you're too old!!!
chev104275 
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  
it sounds good i think there are 2 plugs at the amp when i get to work i will post the colors i used the radio has an amp in it   the radio is easy to remove i would use a test speaker and some wire back probe a speaker channel on the back of the radio and make sure your radio works before cutting the wires at the amp thats what i did and mine worked so i went ahead and bypassed the amp
chefwoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

cutting or jumping wires on the amp side might be tight , the wires only come out so far from the dash, it was hard enough to disconnect the amp

chefwoz
chev104275 
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
yes it was very tight but with time and patience it can be done   the wire colors are as follows
RADIO HARNESS SIDE
L/F Speaker Dark Green       (POS)
L/F Speaker BROWN / Red        (NEG)
R/F Speaker Violet           (POS)
R/F Speaker Dark Blue/Red    (NEG)
L/R Speaker BROWN / Yellow     (POS)
L/R Speaker BROWN / LT blue   (NEG)
R/R Speaker Dark Blue/White (POS)
R/R Speaker Dark Blue/Orange (NEG)
TRUCK HARNESS SIDE
L/Dash   Speaker Yellow/Black    (POS)
L/Dash   Speaker Yellow/Red      (NEG)
L/F Door Speaker GREEN/ Red       (POS)
L/F Door Speaker GREEN/ Dark Green(NEG)
L/R Door Speaker WHITE/ Black     (POS)
L/R Door Speaker WHITE/ Red       (NEG)
R/Dash   Speaker ORANGE / Black    (POS)
R/Dash   Speaker ORANGE / Red      (NEG)
R/F Door Speaker Blue/Black      (POS)
R/F Door Speaker Blue/Red        (NEG)
R/R Door Speaker Brown           (POS)
R/R Door Speaker BROWN / Black     (NEG)
The center Dash speaker shares the Yellow/red and the ORANGE / black of the 2 other dash speakers i tied the dash speakers in to the same wires as the door speakers
Hope this helps you    Just take your time its tight but not impossible
If you take the AMP out completly it gives you more room to work

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic