icon

2004 canyon alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
happster 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, I bought the Thor CF425 before checking the blogs (sigh).  So I'm stuck with the jibberish instructions replete with typos.  Would like to install though.  I am a novice, with some experience.

I think I've figured out the wiring, with the exception of a door triggers and start sensor (that tells the unit when start was successful.  Any help? Can I diode the driver's door, and then diode the remaining door triggers together?  Do I need to diode anything else?

I also need to locate the starter sensor, which tells the unit that start has been successful.  I hear its under the hood, but could use some help with color, location, etc.  Of course, I'll check all with my multimeter and will not hold you accountable.

The central locking connections are less than clear.  The driver's door unlocks with the first press of the factory remote, and all others with the second.  What type of system is this?  Wire colors?  Connections?  There are six wires I need to hook up from the Thor (Or, Wh, Yel, Or/Blk, Wh/Blk & Yel/Blk).  Any help would be appreciated.

Any help with the wire colors for the entire system?  I found a very detailed post on a 2005 from 11/06-are the colors the same?

Also, I've read a lot about security bypass.  Do I need to do this?  I've seen some posts (for a 2005 Canyon) that suggest it is not necessary.  Would love to avoid.

The ignition wiring diagram is a little confusing too. There are two "On" ignition wires, one which is tied to the black wire from the relay set and then interupted with (2 green wires from) a breaker relay (Thor calls this the "circle of engine inflaming 'On'")???.  The second is shown tied to the white wire of the relay set (and is called "airconditioning 'On'").  Can you shed any light on this...wiring, colors, better explanation, etc. 

Lastly, am I correct that all the wires I need to access can be found at the BCM in the passenger kick, except for the ignition wires? What about the start sensor?

Thanks a lot.  Happy to donate if you can help.

Mike

happster 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

Is the sensor I need to connect to the "tach sensor?"  I found one post (boomer, 5/30/04) that talks about that, calling it "not pink or black" (I think he meant Hot pink or black???) and it seems to match a pink wire out of my underhood fuse block that is only hot when the truck starts or is running.  Is that what the RS/alarm needs, to know when the engine has successfully started?

Also, I found the pass lock bypass data (Audiovox diagram) showing the two relay system.  It says to test the resistance between the wh/bl (key side) and wh/yel, then "use the appropriate resistor" to connect the wh/yel to pin 87 of the 1st relay.  I can test resistance, but how do I match a resistor?

Last point for now: the Thor system came with a "breaker relay" (a single relay) that seems aimed at doing the same thing as the pass lock bypass data I found. It interupts one of 2 of the "on" ignition wires (wh/bl I think), connects to the yellow strater wire of the RS and to the acc ignition wire.  Is this all I need?

happster 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  

By wh/bl, I meant WHITE/ blue, not WHITE/ black.  Also, the pass lock data I have is similar to directfax document 1603

GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Do yourself a favor and buy a different system for your truck. Trust me, you'll fight and get upset trying to hook up what you have just to have it fail on you soon afterwards.
Use an ADS bypass module - ADS-DL or ADS-AL CA becuase they take care of the door locks and fatory alarm for you.
GDK Electronics
Home theatre & mobile electronics installations
Winnipeg, MB
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
I will try to help as much as I can. The 04 and 05 should be the same.
I will assume that the starter confirmation is the tach signal. I show tach is Black at the middle black connector Pin 26 at the PCM which is on passenger side of engine compartment. Or it is just as you found: "any wire that is not pink or black" at any ignition coil or fuel injector. NOT being the operate word, and no it was not supposed to be Hot.
I agree with GregK, a bypass module that controls the locks and the passlock is highly recommended.
Door triggers: you need to diode isolate each door and connect to the neg door trigger input on the alarm.
It sounds like that breaker relay is for a starter kill which you do not need.
happster 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
OK, I give up on this Thor thing.  Too many said to, to me and others.  Can you recommend a system?  I don't care so much about the alarm as the remote start.  Hoping for a good lead on a system that doesn't need a separate bypass module or that has one that is compatible and easy to wire.  This Thor thing is from another planet.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
You shouldn't give up so easily. There is no remote starter out there that will take care of the bypass by itself, so buying a new unit will not alleviate that concern of yours. If you have a scanner, you can try emailing me the install manual, or at least the diagram of wires. You could even send a digital picture of the wire input/outputs. We can get this thing working for you if you want.
happster 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the generous offer, but it's already shipped the Thor back.  Others have told me there are longevity issues with the Thor too, installation issues aside.  I'm going with the Ultra Start Pro Series U1280XR with an iDatalink ADS AL CA bypass module.  The Pro Series has a direct link data UBS port and ought to make installation a lot easier.  I didn't want or need an alarm anyway. 

Thanks again!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic