icon

wholesale or direct supplies

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heavy_haulers 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Looking for common supplies for audio shop...Wire, RCAs, fuse holders, loom, carpet, etc.

Anyone know of a good place to purchase at wholesale prices? My current supplier is also the local audio store/distributer  and I'm almost paying retail on supplies. I've looked at a couple of ebay stores, but would rather deal with a real distributer not some ebay store front.

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Contact the manufacturers for a list of their distributors in your area.
wholesale or direct supplies -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have brands you like?
I liked dealing with metra. They took pretty good care of us, carried more stuff than we needed and were only 30 miles away if we had an emergency. They have a website with the tools and such, installbay.com I think. Then metra online will link you their various brands.
fiberglasslvr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
along with metra and scosche i use select products, they have everything for custom car audio, including fiberglass and acc, intergration pieces from nav-tv and pac. and tons more check them out
in process of changing everything
heavy_haulers 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, I looked thru the online products from SP and Metra, I think I'll check SP out for wire, and some accessories. I did not find RCA patch cables on either site. I sell from the cheaper no name styles to the high end street wires and monster. Right now paying 7.50 for 12' no namer. I know they have to cheaper somewhere else.

Any ideals?

carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
microalarm.com
is pretty good
paidnfull 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
we get alotof our stuff from aamp of america
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Whats the diffrens between wholesale or direct supplies? I have a few warehouse locations were I get my stuff and looks like ppl can buy on the internet same price i get at the warehouse with me having a tax ID. What can you gain if you have a tax ID, cant compete with the internet market.
daburrrninator 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
DBL Distributing has good prices on Metra. For a 4 gauge Raptor Amp kit it was less than what I could find it for on ebay after the shipping. Ceaser326 is right though, the wholesale prices arent very competitive with online prices a lot of times because online sellers mark them up the bare minimum they need to to make a profit.
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot about AAMP. If you follow the links for Tsunami or Raptor they will both have RCAs, Raptor being the lower end and Tsunami being the higher end. Basically they are set up as distributors for those companies, but I think they are all one company. Choose either the Raptor or Tsunami line for the wiring, Metra's own line carries the kits, and axxiss does their integration.
We bough from metra and they allowed up some room after some wheeling and dealing and hitting certain order limits. Such as the antenna lines, we got a much better deal buying 6 at a time than 3-4.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic