2008 ford expedition, dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rollingrocktx 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
I need a little help here.
Just bought the wife a 08 Expeidiction, does not have overhead DVD but had a factory HU...the HU does have the mini jack for an ipod and works by pressing the AUX in which you see "line in"
If I wanted to keep the factory HU but add a overhead, is there a way to integrate it with the HU for audio? My kids will not wear the headphones...well one cannot he is only 5 months old. LOL my daughter won't do it. She is five...go figure.
I would like to get just a generic overhead, no need for alpine etc but other other kicker is the wife wants to be able to load the DVD herself...which means the DVD would have to be in the center console.
Ok, so is it possible to have a DVD there and player overhead, then integrate the DVD player into the stock HU?
Thanks but I cannot find
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

There are a few options here. The easiest would be an overhead with built in DVD, like the Advent units. They load from the side and tho it's not super easy can be loaded from the drivers seat. The advantage is the install, which is easy, and the built in FM mod so there are no radio connections at all for sound over the radio.

Next would be a separate monitor and DVD in the console. There are a few DVD players out there that have a built in FM mod so the install consists of just the overhead screen and the player itself.

Last would be a screen overhead, a DVD in the console, and a form of signal to the radio that can come from either an FM mod you plug thru the antenna, wireless FM mod, or a direct connection thru the AUX jack(which i have tried and works fine).

To sum up, yes it will be possible(and normal) to have the DVD sound thru the radio. I depends on how you want to do it....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic