icon

batteries

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
antifork 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
i need to know if anybody out there can tell about these new kinectiks batteries i have been seeing popping out at the local audio shops here. any feedback would help because i am looking for some batteries i need to hide in a real small place to power a full system and 2 viair compressors. but also be powerful enough to use on the truck for just usual stuff such as driving it around LOL.
Just cut ur frame and drag the thing!
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  
As I understand them, they are just over sized capacitors. They recharge fast and hold a lot of current that can instantly discharge. I don't believe they are intended to be used as the starting battery, although I don't know why they wouldn't work.
The Alternator should do the heavy lifting in the electrical system. The battery is used when the engine is off and to crank the engine. If your using the compressors and stereo system, I would look into deep cycle batteries first.
antifork 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
The thing is I already went through different types of batteries. The only type I can tell that actually work are the acid type batteries. I went through about 5 optima batteries within 2 years of having the truck, but now is time for the batteries to be hidden due to the body drop. So I am basicly looking for some real powerful but small batteries to run is series to handle the load.
Just cut ur frame and drag the thing!
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
Have you considered something like a battery from a D8 (big bulldozer)? It may not be as compact as a single battery, but probably as big as several batteries with all kinds of power. You might even find an old serviceable equipment battery to fit the space.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

antifork wrote:
The thing is I already went through different types of batteries. The only type I can tell that actually work are the acid type batteries. I went through about 5 optima batteries within 2 years of having the truck, but now is time for the batteries to be hidden due to the body drop. So I am basicly looking for some real powerful but small batteries to run is series to handle the load.

For abuse and punishment regular acid batteries work better than AGM batteries. and optimas are the bottom of the barrel AGM battery brand anyway. they are crap.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic