04 ram quad cab, alarm/keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
weedahoe 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

find a WHITE/ gray wire up inside left of the steering column. Imagine going STRAIGHT behind the OBD2 plug..... it's hard to get to. but it's there! behind that little chunk of metal frame. (the metal that will slice your flesh like a razor) You will need to pull on the wires, so do it carefully....

Ok. lets do it this way.

Which WHITE/ gray wire? What does it go to? Dome circuit? Lock circuit? Light circuit? What polarity is it? What do I connect to it? Is a relay needed? Pull on it carefully and do what with it? 

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
weedahoe wrote:

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram that I am putting an alarm on before I put my audio gear in and need a bit of help. I actually have the wiring diagram for the relays for a negative trigger door locks. However, the way this alarm is, wiring those relays only pops the drivers door. There is another harness with a blue wire and it is supposed to pop all doors after pressing the disarm button once and then a second time.

Here is what the manual reads for that blue wire:

Blue: Second unlock (passenger unlock)  output (-) 200mA. This system is equipped with a dedicated passenger unlock output allowing a two stage door unlock operation. When this wire is connected, disarming the system will unlock only the drivers door. Pressing the button again will unlock all doors.

So my question is how does this get wired into the system. I mean if I have to add 2 relays just for the drivers door, shouldnt there be more relays for the blue wire and if so, how do I wire this?

Someone please help because Im getting lost.

did you get your parklight relay all straight? do you want to have the 2 stage door unlock where the driver door unlocks first?

weedahoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

I did an alarm along time ago and it was this hard. I swear I will never do another.....LOL

I do have the parking lights working.

The locks are not working and having them all unlock at the same time is fine. However if you can give the specifics for having 2 stage, that would be nice also to have as an option.

My alarm doesnt exactly tell me what my door trigger wires are and the disgram of the lock relays it has doesnt make sense to me at all. I will explain what I mean. Per the manual there are 6 wires for the locks. I will put out here what it says and maybe someone can help me understand it.

Yellow: Unlock 87a Normally Open

White: Unlock 30 Common (Output)

Orange: Unlock 87 Normally Closed (Input)

Yellow/Black: Lock 87a Normally Open

WHITE/ Black: Lock 30 Common (Ouput)

ORANGE / Black: Lock 87 Normally Closed (Input)

This all it says and all the diagram (for negative trigger system) shows and neither the instructions nor the diagram says anything about relays pins 85 & 86. I.m not understanding how trhis is supposed to work with nothing to the coil terminals (85 & 86). Also, the diagram shows the White going to the truck (-) door Unlock wire while the WHITE/ Black goes to the (-) Unlock wire.

So would that mean from the alarm goes to pin 30 on the Unlock relay AND the (-) Unlock door wire? And if thats is the case then the same would apply to WHITE/ Black from the alarm to pin 30 on the Lock relay and (-) Lock wire?

One last thing. I have a Purple wire that reads as follows:

Purple Wire: Positive door input (+). Connect to the door switch circuit wire that shows +12v when any door is opened. This type of door circuit is usually found on Ford vehicles.

So I connected this wire to the Dome circuit wire which is Yellow/Blue and found in the drivers A Pillar. However, when the alarm is armed and I open the door nothing happens. I have checked the wire with my meter and show 0v with the doors closed and 12v when a door is opened.

However, the opposite of the Purple wire is my Green wire which reads as follows:

Green Wire: Negative Door Input (-). Most vehicles use negative door trigger circuits. Connect on the dome light circuit., there is usually a wire that is unaffected by the delay circuit.

So am I doing something wrong? Its late here and tomorrow morning I will be back at it again. Tomorrow is the remote start and starter interrupt.

weedahoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Also, should my locks be single pulse or doube pulse.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

your locks are gonna be single pulse. with what your writing there. you have relays built into the unit for the locks. so you wont need any more for the locks, unless you want the 2 stage unlock.

conect the orange and ORANGE / black wires to ground. then connect the white and WHITE/ black wires to the lock wire in the truck with a resistor inline for each respective wire. the lock/unlock wire in the truck is gonna be purple with green in the drivers door harness.

use an 820 ohm resistor on the white with black wire. on the white wire use a 330 ohm.

is should be pretty easy now. if you need let me know and ill draw some kind of picture.

also once you get the locks going, if you want the 2 stage let me know and ill post the diagram for that. but i think we should tackle one problem at a time. hope this helps you.

weedahoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
Well I got everything wired up today. I am about 90% done with it. I got my locks working and also the dome supervision. I wired and tested both the remote starter and interrupt. Everything i working fine so far. Tomorrow Ive just gotta tweak the shock and microwave sensors and put the hood pin switch in. Im glad all the hard part is over. Whew!!
weedahoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ive got a Clifford 50.7x in my 04 Dodge Ram and it is a great alarm. However, where is the best place to put the main unit since it has a shock sensor in it and how many additional shock sensors can be added?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic