icon

2006 honda ridgeline remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
I've been reading past postings- had a few questions-just planning out my latest install--  I understand the OEM remotes do not respond with engine running in R/S mode- what I want to know is- what happens if I don't use a door module bypass- if I just wire into the lock and unlock at the DKP and don't run a wire into the driver's door to disarm the OEM security (yes this one has a security lite on dash).  Will the vehicle's alarm go off when remote started?  or will it go off when unlocked while running? or will it go off when unlocked, but not running?  or will it not go off at all?   I guess I'm just trying to avoid a door lock module when the lock/unlock wires appear to be so easy to get to- and are (-) neg activated-  meaning no relays required.  I will probably use a pkh3 to bypass the transponder-  I've read where several have stated it is a real PITA to go into the door just to disarm- and that a door module is much easier- But if the alarm does not activate, it is basically not an issue.  I don't care if the vehicle ever gets armed by the R/S.   I would go ahead and find out for myself- but wish to do the install in just a couple of hours- and don't like surprises- or buying a module I may or may not need.   Thanks up front for your responses.
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

I would run the wire in to the door and hook it up.  I'm sure it won't be fun, but it won't be that bad.

One way you could easily test this is to lock yourself in the vehicle, wait 60 seconds (once the alarm has set), then start the car.  If it starts up with no alarm then you could possibly get away with not hooking up the OEM disarm.  If the alarm does go off you'll need the disarm.

I've hooked the disarm up in both of my Hondas and I've had no issues.

Kevin Pierson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic