icon

d2d viper 5901, xk01, ’05 trailblazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rhino_66 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  
I'm going to be installing a Viper 5901 in my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer LS in the next couple of weeks, and I have a few questions about D2D interface modules. I'm currently looking at the XK01, as it has the most interface options and will simplify my installation considerably. My Trailblazer is an '05 LS with the I6 engine and automatic 4-wheel drive trans.
In the "Supported Functions" tab on the XPresskit website, the XK01 shows additional support for remote start features through D2D. The main points of interest, for me, are Brake Status, Tach Output, Ignition Status, and RPM Status. Does anyone have any experience with the XK01 providing these inputs for the alarm/remote start? If so, are they stable? Or do they act flaky?
The Supported Functions also includes Defrost and Heated Mirrors. I'm assuming they mean rear defogger, as the mirrors and rear defog are triggered by the same switch in the HVAC controls.
Horn Chirp is also supported by the XK01 through D2D. Is this defeatable? The 5901 can be programmed to only activate the horn during full alarm trigger events, so I'm hoping that the module won't be chirping the horn during arm and disarm cycles. After looking at the Xpress VIP software instructions, it looks like the only thing that it does is the update flash. Is there other software for setting options on the XK01, or does the alarm programming just translate straight through? Ideally, I'd prefer the horn not to function even at full alarm. If I was wiring the alarm/RS directly to the vehicle harness, I could just eliminate the horn connection. Since I'm planning on the XK01, the horn is now handled through the OBD II as a data command.
On another forum, I read a post in which the author said that other than power, ground, and a couple other connections, the alarm/remote start and XK01 could handle everything through the OBD II data line. The remote start could be handled by the XK01 through the Chevy BCM (Body Control Module) and that none of the heavy gauge remote start harness was necessary for the starter function to operate. I am HIGHLY skeptical of this one, but with the amount of system integration, you can never be sure. Is this one a load of crap? I already know what wires I need in the vehicle harness, so it's no big deal. If it will do the RS through the OBD II, it just saves me a little splicing and soldering.
Thanks.
p/t installer 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
the xko1 is an excellent bypass to use for that truck. and it does do everything on that truck that it says it will do. one hint, don't use the d2d cable, it can act shifty. hardwire your connections from xk01 to viper it is the foolproof way, and it always works. the diagram is on the site. don't think you do not have to hook up your ign. connections, cause you have to. there should be 2 ign. 1 acc. and the 2nd ign. is very important. also if your truck has factory anti-grind you do not need the tach connection, turn off the tach and program the 5901 to do a 4 second crank, it will start in all weather conditions and will not grind the starter. also the 2 back door pins are at the bcm under the 2nd row bench the xk01 only monitors the 2 front doors. have fun and overall this truck is not too difficult.
may03lt 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
This thread answered some of my questions, but I have one more to add:
Which circuit is secondary ignition? There is circuit 1390 (acc, run, crank), circuit 300 (ign 3), and circuit 4 (acc).
Help a brotha out....I did a search lold2d viper 5901, xk01, ’05 trailblazer -- posted image.
2003 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy SLT
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Battery          RED AND RED / WHITE          (+)          STEERING COLUMN HARNESS          
Ignition 1          PINK          (+)          STEERING COLUMN HARNESS          
Ignition 2          WHITE          (+)          STEERING COLUMN HARNESS          
Accessory 1          ORANGE          (+)          STEERING COLUMN HARNESS          
Starter 1          YELLOW          (+)          STEERING COLUMN HARNESS          
Anti-Theft Type          PASSLOCK II          
Parking Lights          BROWN          (+)          HARNESS BELOW STEERING COLUMN          
Low Crr. Pk Lights          GRAY/BLACK          (-)          HEADLIGHT SWITCH          
Brake Lights          WHITE          (+)          BRAKE SWITCH OR TRAILER CONNECTOR UNDER DASH     
Databus Wire          VIOLET          (-)          AT PIN 2 OF THE DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR UNDER THE DRIVERS SIDE DASH
All Door Trigger          GRAY/BLACK          (+)          UNDERDASH LIGHT OR IN A PILLAR     
Domelight Super          GRAY/BLACK          (-)          IN HARNESS AT VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH     
LF Latch          GRAY/BLACK          (-)          INSIDE DRIVER DOOR AT DRIVER DOOR MODULE     
RF Latch          BLACK/ WHITE          (-)          INSIDE PASSENGER DOOR AT MODULE     
LR Latch          LIGHT BLUE/BLACK          (-)          INSIDE LEFT REAR DOOR AT MODULE     
RR Latch          LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK          (-)          INSIDE RIGHT REAR DOOR AT MODULE     
Trunk Trigger          PINK/BLACK AND PURPLE          (-)          BOTH WIRES INSIDE REAR GATE AT DOOR MODULE     
               PINK/BLACK IS FOR GLASS AND VIOLET IS FOR GATE USE BOTH AND DIODE ISOLATE     
Hood Trigger          BLACK/ WHITE          (-)          IN SWITCH HARNESS UNDER HOOD     

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
I am not a fan of the XK01 myself. While it's not bad there are better out there for that truck. I like the Idatalink units as they give you practically every wire needed including tach. Beyond that the truck is one of the easiest there are to do. I agree with the statement above, the data ports always seem to have problems. Spend a few extra minutes and hard wire the units together...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
sinkhole 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
I used the XK01 with a Viper 5101, in my '05 Silverado using D2D everything works perfect 100% of the time. I don't have rear doors so I wired the "pink/white" wire with a relay to do window roll-up.
may03lt 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
another-kelly wrote:
Ignition 2          WHITE          (+)          STEERING COLUMN HARNESS          
thanks for the reply...Ignition 2 is the same thing as secondary ignition?
2003 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy SLT
xplorin16 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

Definitely use d2d.  I put one on a 04 trailblazer last week.

Just hook up data and it will pick up lock.unlock, fact arm/disarm, horn honk, immobilzer, door trigger, and its kinda neat because the fact remote will now also work the viper. 

Advanced MECP
rhino_66 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

I'm going to try the D2D first.  If it acts too flaky, I'll go with the hardwire option. 

Got the XK01 delivered yesterday.  Now I just need to find a supplier who carries the D2D cable.  Any recommendations?

After some additional research, I can confirm that the author of the post who claimed that the RS could be handled through the databus isn't playing with a full deck...  It's just not possible with the Trailblazer ignition system.  The RS wires are an absolute necessity.  If the Trailblazer had "push button start", it might be a possibility to handle the RS functions through the databus, but it's not happening with the current factory ignition switch setup.  The tach and a couple other functions apparently can be handled by the XK01 (D2D only) through the databus, but the ignition, start, and accessory wires of the Viper MUST be connected to the vehicle wiring harness.

xplorin16 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
If you are referring to me then maybe ill dumby down my post a little bit.  Of course you would have to wire in the relay pack for remote start.  Also just to CLARIFY you also have to ground the unit, hook up foot brake, hook up parking lights, tach wire, hoodpin, nuetral safety switch.  I was referring to the data functions that can be carried out by the xk01.  
Advanced MECP
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic