icon

2000 eclipse gt remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whitetsi 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  

the remote starter is installed and cranks just fine, the issue that i am having has to do with the transponder bypass.  do I have to place the loop antenna inbetween the key cyclinder and the "transponder reader"?  My issue is that the shielding wasn't allowing me to so i had to take it off.  And the r/s was working until i took everything apart to solder the conenctions on the r/s and then it worked again before putting all of the covers on, but once i put the car back together the car would just crank.  So i put the a key in the cyclinder and hit the r/s and it works.  the key was held in palce by velcro in the transpoder bypass so i doubt it shifted because it was a pain to take the key out.  Am i placing the loop antenna wrong?  Has anyone else had any issues with the same year model car?  I am using a valet 561r and a crime stopper bypass unit.   

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure where you got the idea that the antenna ring was supposed to be mounted between the key cylinder and the transponder reader, but that could definitely cause it to not work.
The antenna ring should go in front of the transponder reader, towards where the key would be positioned if inserted.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
whitetsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
My confusion is that the read lie directly on top of the key cyclinder. Are there any picture available?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
The reader connects there, but it also includes the black circle which goes around the key cylinder at the front. (Front = where the key goes in).
Your antenna ring should go between that and the trim piece which surrounds the steering column.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
whitetsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you, I will wire it back it out sometime this weekend
whitetsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Could not wait, it didn't work.  i will try using a spare DEI unit later.  Thanks once again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic