the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

changing head unit need opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Boogeyman no matter where the gain is on the amplifier as long as you match it with the voltage of your source you will get the same power in and out.  With the preout voltage being louder you will have to turn the gain up, but this does not mean you are driving the amplifier harder you are just matching the input sensitivity with the source.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
Your fuel injected vehicle would like to get more air to mix with the fuel, but when you drive to Denver it reduces the amount of fuel injected into the system to compensate for the lack of air. This is the same thing, except you have to do it manually.
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
 Gotcha thanks ragsports, and iam an idiot............I think i am the idiotchanging head unit need opinions - Page 2 -- posted image. 
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
audiocableguy wrote:
Too many problems with Pioneer. Alpine or Eclipse.
Feeding one Eq into another is LAME and just asking for problems.
Time alignment will do nothing without using the multiple Preamp outs.
if there are too many problems with pioneer then what would you suggest i get? what do you think would be the best i could get for about $350 max i dont want an alpine or eclipse either
i will probably get rig of the EQ but it all depends on how many bands it has in common with the new pioneer.
i only need one set of preouts because i dont run rear fill i just have front speakers and i use the X over to split the front signal into front and sub for my amps. but ow that im thinking about it i might need to use the sub out too now to avoid sending a time aligned signal to my sub
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
The only problem with the Pioneer deck is the fuse on the RCA shield.  This is not a problem if you remove the battery cable when installing the deck.  And anytime you work on the system.  You should do this anyway, nobody follows this simple instruction. 
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
kinda going off on a tangent but does anybody know of any head units that dont have speaker outputs, just RCAs? an onboard amp for speakers is just wasted space for me
soundnsecurity 
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
boogeyman wrote:
 I have an 880, and for the money   I love it.........No pico fuse problem,no noise at all.......My favorite feature is the L/R 16 band EQ,......And  the unit is easy to learn and use all the functions..........I also think the look of the unit is classy,and simple........the only thing I am dissatisfied about is the  preout V...........
i just realized the 880 i am looking at has 5 volt preouts, is yours different?
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
  thats what mine states........5v..It doesnt seem like that to me........the 880 internal amp can be switched off.........check out clarion, the clarion drz9255 is FAR superior in SQ than the 880 but is around 600-700 dollars. 
i am an idiot 
soundnsecurity 
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
boogeyman wrote:
  thats what mine states........5v..It doesnt seem like that to me........the 880 internal amp can be switched off.........check out clarion, the clarion drz9255 is FAR superior in SQ than the 880 but is around 600-700 dollars. 
yeah thats a nice player but just a bit on the pricy side like you said the cheapest ive found it is about $700.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic