icon

1994 mustang gt alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juicedsaleen 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
I'm in the process of installing an alarm on a 1994 mustang gt (w/ factory keyless entry). Previous owner had an omega al-514 alarm on the car however most of it was cut out and I didn't have a remote for it. I contacted the company..it's an old model they no longer make. So long story short I purchased a new alarm from them (Omega k9-150). I have the vast majority of it wired in but just have a few small questions as I never installed an alarm before. My questions concern the following wires from the alarm.
Wiring schematic says
blue wire: (- trigger input)
violet: (+ Door input)
green: (- Door input)
what is a trigger input? door input? on this particular car?
also after some research online would it be safe to conclude that since my car has factory keyless that my door lock system is "negative trigger system"?
thanks for any help you can offer!
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

blue wire would be for your hood pin or trunk pin-the pin goes to ground when the hood or trunk is open so it's a negative trigger

green wire is for negative door pins but you have a ford so you won't use this wire

purple wire is for positive door trigger which you have.......tap the purple wire into the BLACK w/blue stripe in your Ford-find it in your kickpanel or at your door pinswitch.....it goes to +12 volts when your doors are opened so it would be a positive trigger

you are correct about your locks-if you have factory keyless then you have a negative trigger system

good luck

juicedsaleen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
thanks! that's a huge help.
juicedsaleen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
on more question.. I have a RED / white wire supposed to go to +/- light input. What's that?
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
on K-9, which is made by OMEGA that wire is the input polarity for the parklights. so if you have positive parklights it goes to 12v. if you have negative parklights, it goes to ground.
juicedsaleen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:
on K-9, which is made by OMEGA that wire is the input polarity for the parklights. so if you have positive parklights it goes to 12v. if you have negative parklights, it goes to ground.
do you know if a 1994 mustang gt is positive or negative? I really have no idea. and you say if it's positive it goes to the positive wire on the parking lamps, and if it's negative it goes to the parking lamps ground? sorry if that's a stupid question.
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

your car has a positive parking light wire....it is brown...you can pick it up right at the headlight switch or you can find it in the drivers' kickpanel area in the harness that runs toward the rear.....so take your RED / white wire and hook it up to a fused 12 volts (10-15 amp) and then take your parking light output wire what ever color it is and hook up to the brown wire I mentioned

To  save you some time, the doorlock wires in your car are

LOCK:pink w/ yellow stripe  UNLOCK:pink w/ light green stripe

Also found in the drivers kickpanel area where the wires run in from your door

juicedsaleen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
jseibold wrote:

your car has a positive parking light wire....it is brown...you can pick it up right at the headlight switch or you can find it in the drivers' kickpanel area in the harness that runs toward the rear.....so take your RED / white wire and hook it up to a fused 12 volts (10-15 amp) and then take your parking light output wire what ever color it is and hook up to the brown wire I mentioned

To  save you some time, the doorlock wires in your car are

LOCK:pink w/ yellow stripe  UNLOCK:pink w/ light green stripe

Also found in the drivers kickpanel area where the wires run in from your door

I do have the brown wire hooked up to the parking light output. Door locks are hooked up as well so I'm good in that respect.
so your saying the RED / white can basically go to anything that has 12v instead of it tapping into a specific wire? What would you recommend it tap it into? should it have 12v all the time (like hooked the the + battery terminal) or should it have 12v at some times and not others?
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Connect it to a wire that has 12v all the time. you can use the 12v wire in the ignition harness.
juicedsaleen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:
Connect it to a wire that has 12v all the time. you can use the 12v wire in the ignition harness.
ah ok I got it thanks.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic