icon

2000 alero compustar pro starter/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
philnic 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have just recently installed my first starter and alarm, somewhat successfully. I installed the unite into my 2000 Alero, 4dr Gl model qith the 3.4L V6 engine. The unit I installed was a Compustar CM5000 P2W9000FM-AS Pro model (DT alarm and remote start with Blade bypass transponder).
I have two small problems/questions.
Firstly the trunk trigger is supposed to be a negative input for the brain module, it is currently a positive trigger, i need to switch it but dont know how. I have already tried a relay setup but it didnt work. Wiring 86 to positive input from trunk trigger, 30 and 85 to ground, and 87 to brain input.
Secondly what exactly does negative polairty mean. When I measure the trunk trigger wire now it reads +12V when closed and 0V when open. Does reverse polarity mean it should read -12V when closed and 0V when open OR 0V when closed and +12V while open?
Thirdly, I hooked up the lock, unlock and driver's unluck directly to the relay trigger wires coming from the BCM. When I lock, all the doors lock, but when I hit unlock, only the drivers door unlocks. Do I have to use a double pulse unlock? as this is what my factory fob is to unlock all the doors.
Lastly, I am having trouble entering the programmable options menu via the 2-way remote. I tried the button combos as stated in the install manual, but nothing is on the LCD screen, and nothing is happening I think. Anybody used this remote before?
Thanks
Phil
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

philnic wrote:
Firstly the trunk trigger is supposed to be a negative input for the brain module, it is currently a positive trigger, i need to switch it but dont know how. I have already tried a relay setup but it didnt work. Wiring 86 to positive input from trunk trigger, 30 and 85 to ground, and 87 to brain input. 

My information shows a negative trigger for the trunk pin.  It should be an ORANGE / black wire connected to the trunk light.  Just connect it directly to the alarms trunk input.

philnic wrote:
Secondly what exactly does negative polairty mean. When I measure the trunk trigger wire now it reads +12V when closed and 0V when open. Does reverse polarity mean it should read -12V when closed and 0V when open OR 0V when closed and +12V while open?

It means that when the trunk is open, the wire rests at ground. 

philnic wrote:
Thirdly, I hooked up the lock, unlock and driver's unluck directly to the relay trigger wires coming from the BCM. When I lock, all the doors lock, but when I hit unlock, only the drivers door unlocks. Do I have to use a double pulse unlock? as this is what my factory fob is to unlock all the doors.

Actually that vehicle uses a single wire resistive door lock system.  You will need to build a relay for your unlock sending a negative trigger through a 1500 ohm resistor.  The wire you need is white in the drivers kick pannel.

philnic wrote:
  Lastly, I am having trouble entering the programmable options menu via the 2-way remote. I tried the button combos as stated in the install manual, but nothing is on the LCD screen, and nothing is happening I think. Anybody used this remote before?
Thanks

You did put the battery in the remote, right?

philnic 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the response,
I tried connecting the trigger directly quickly and I don't remember it working, I will try again tomorrow. I do have the batteries in, and can lock/unlock, start, etc.. but i can't get into the optional programming menus.
Phil
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

Double pulse unlock is 1-04- II

Enter option 1 using the 2w900FM-R (R=Remote)
Hold (1) and (2) for 3 seconds and the parkinglights will flash once

Let go of the buttons and re-apply (1) and (2) for 3 seconds. The parkinglights will flash once.

Then push button number (4) twice, making the parkinglights flash everytime you hit the button.
(So 4 the lights will flash and 4 the lights will fash)
Wait 2 seconds the lights will flash twice (blink...blink)

Push number 2 at this time

Parking lights will flash twice meaning you entered option II.
Done Double Pulse Unlock.
So option table 1 is buttons 1&2 and 1&2
Option 2 is  1&2 and 1&4
Option 3 is 1&4 and 1&2

Option 4 is 1&4 and 1&4

word

"dont ground out!"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic