the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

01 ford ranger, key programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
whats up everybody, it seems ive just recently lost one of the keys to my truck, an 01 ford ranger. the key that i lost was the main factory key but i have an extra key and an uncut key in my 556sw bypass. now my question is it possible to program a new key with just any two keys or do you need to have the original to program. any insight would be awesome because it would save me a bunch of money and a trip to the stealership
thanks
DAN
fcss 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

it should really matter as long as you have 2  programed keys,

If you are using a dei unit gound the wait to star  wire, turn the first key in the cyclinder till the security light goes out take the key out, then remote start the car till the secutirty light goes out then step on the brake then put the unprogramed key in and start the car it should learn like that.  If you are using a different remote start like audiovoxx or code alarm change the setting to delay the acc so the starter wont go on.

I think ford will only store 4 total keys in its system

hope this helps.

soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
yeah this is exactly what i was planning to do. im going to get an unprogramed key online and get it cut i just dont want to waste my money if i need the key that i lost to program it
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
You don't need to ground the WTS wire to do this. Simply RS the truck. As soon as it starts hit the brake. Turn the original key to on for 5 seconds, remove the key and start with the new key. Don't hesitate between any steps and it  will work fine. Fords aren't like Chrysler, it can actually start without breaking the programming cycle...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
soundnsecurity 
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
thanks everybody for the quick responses this just blows because i also had a brand new viper 2-way transmitter on that key too and the worst part is it's on silent so i cant even track it down with the beeps. oh well, thats my $100+ mistake for this month
fcss 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

even tough its not my post,  I didnt know it could be that quick, the next time I need to do it I will try your way mike m2

thanks

soundnsecurity 
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
Good news everybody! i found the keys. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic