icon

06 envoy, remote start, major problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Installed an Astro RSS-2524 c/w xk01 into an Envoy 2wks ago. Unit worked fine for a couple of days then things started to go south. The truck would not start with the remote and then not start with the key. I told the customer to shut the switch off, unplug the bypass kit and stop using the remote to see if the problem persists. She shut the switch off but failed to unplug bypass kit. The truck would not start every morning she tried it for a week. She brought it to me to look at. After double checking all connections, I replaced the brain and put in an INT-SL bypass. Things worked fine when it left here. She phoned the next day saying that her vehicle would not start again. She went on to say that she did not have these problems until the r/s was installed. I told her to have her battery checked as it wasn't -30 C before she had the r/s put in. She called tonite saying she has had enough and wants it removed. I'm ok with that but what could possibly be causing her grief. This vehicle had a autopak immobilizer in it that was removed. It wasn't frigid cold before the starter was installed. Where could there be a problem? I've installed +30 into this style vehicle without problems. Am I losing my mind?
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

just curious...........the bypass module that you are using....I know you have the part number in your post but there are so many different ones these days.  Does the one you are using interface at the OBDII plug or does it interface with the actual passlock2 wires runnung down the steering  column?  I used to use the 555L DEI bypass and once in a while I would have a situation similar to yours..Since I started using the one that taps into the purple wire at the OBDII plug I haven't had problems.  When the 555L used to mess up, the vehicle wouldn't start with the key either because the yellow  passlock2 wire would "open".

calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
i had the same problem . whatever module youre using wheter it be a dei or any other do not tap into the pass lock wire even though it instructs you on the wiring schematic, just use the data wire (the violet) on the obdII plug and solder it DO NOT T- TAP INTO IT. reason being you will interupt the codes. i learned that the hard way took m,e a day doing a envoy,  before that used to ba piece of cake ..
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
calijtee1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
oh and by the way bro the xko1 sucks to the fullest it also drops rthe darn programming. happened to a few of us at the shop. and youre supposed to hook up the status wire till the end of the programming. dei was doing so well.....the 1700g worked great.
saskpuller 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
The int-sl is a data based bypass. Have used lots of them on Grand Am's and chevy 1/2. Work great. I personally think that the battery in this vehicle is weak. When she tries to remote start, not enuf juice and done.
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
You said that it also wouldn't start with her not even using the remote start, but just the key? What would it do? Just crank and crank?
I just did an 06 Envoy as well.. I actually had a bad XK01 and didn't have a replacement in stock so I had to send them home until I got it in.. Got it in and it worked great... Until the POS Crimestopper had issues and I had to send them home again while I wait to get it back..
saskpuller 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
It would do nothing. Turn over the key, no click, no sound nothing. It has got me thinking. I used the p/l + circuit for the 2nd igntition and programmed it to do that. Maybe the programming didn't take. Shouldn't matter though. Truck should still start. It worked fine in the shop numerous times. It even worked for her several times after. Once the truck sat for awhile (6hrs or better) in -30deg weather. It would go into this lockout mode. My guess is that it is her battery not putting out enough cranking amps. Lots of volts cause she says the lights and radio work, but won't start. I hope I take it out and her truck still won't start with the key.
calijtee1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
there was no crankihng at all seemed like the system had gone into sleep mode. before on the older models it would still crank over but not fire up.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
I did see one Trailblazer where the orange accessory wire wouldn't show power even while starting with the key.
Even though the dealer wanted to blame the remote starter, I showed them my testing and then they finally believed that the ignition switch was bad.
Do you think this customer would let you temporarily install an array of indicator lights connected to the ignition, accessory, and starter circuits? Next time the car fails, she could tell you which light stopped working.
Go on Google and search for "trailblazer ignition switch." These cars seem to be known for this problem.
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic266940.htm
http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_68622.html
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
I was doing CAA (AAA in canada) light service for a while and at training course they said that new vehicles may not attempt to crank under 10V due to computers not seeing enough voltage. it's very possible the battery was weak.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic