icon

98 civic kill switch, fog lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eskimo10 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
OK heres my situation: I recently picked up a set of factory OEM fog lights for my 98 Civic EX coupe, and I want to use that fog light switch for a kill switch as well. I want to wire the fogs up to my parking lights, so that they will only work when my parking lights are on, but the switch when off will act as a kill switch. Right now the fog light switch is a kill switch to my clutch, and I want to keep that, so my question is, how can I wire up my fog lights and the switch so that I can use the fogs and the switch (as a kill switch). I know I will have to use some relays and stuff, but I don't know how I would wire this. Thanks!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

not the safest idea. if your fuse for the lights go, your gonna be stranded. so what purpsose is it to kill your clutch? i can still push start your car and change gears....

okay heres how to do it. time consuming but possible

85 - negative trigger of parking lights on car

86 - constant 12v
87 - constant 12v fused @ xx amps for fog lights. (see what fuse they give and replace accordingly)
30 -  to a ROCKER SWITCH for ON and OFF if needed , from switch to positive foglight input to turn them on.

starter or ignition kill?

85 - tap into positive wire for fog light or relay terminal 30 of relay one
86 - ground
cut ignition wire in two
87 -  ignition wire keyside
30 - ignition wire car/fusebox side.

this remember is totally up to you. no liabilities because you cut the ignition. if sometihng happens to the ignition and your on the highway, then your in serious trouble. no point for starter since car can be push started.

eskimo10 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I understand your concern, but I'm going for a stock looking switch so that its harder to recognize. I already have a fuel pump and starter kill switch with a rocker switch, and if by some chance my lights do go out (I do carry my tools/electrical supplies with me so I do have extra fuses) but it won't kill my car, the only thing I'm cutting is the clutch sensor that tells the car its pushed in so I can start it with the key.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic