icon

reciever kdc mp208 in 1999 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bxrad121 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, I need some assistance with installing my Kenwood KDC-MP208 reciever into my 1999 Camry. I have removed the face of the dashboard and have access to the factory receiever, I just don't know where to go now. I don't want to start toying with something and then break it, And I need to know what to crimp, and where to crimp it .
reciever kdc mp208 in 1999 camry -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
The harness you purchased should connect color for color to the harness from the kenwood radio. Red to red, Yellow to yellow, Black to black, GREEN/ black to GREEN/ black etc.
If the blue and blue/white wires of the radio do not have a matching wire on the harness, you need to insulate them so they do not touch anything. Do the same if there is an orange or ORANGE / black wire on the harness you purchased.
If the harness plugged into the back of the radio does not plug into the harness you purchased, there is an amplifier under the passenger seat of the car, the harness you purchased will plug in there, you will have to extend the wires so that the radio plug will reach the radio.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2008 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Even easier, on those Camrys, if it has the factory amp(usually indicated by a single plug into the factory radio and tweeters in the front doors) look on the right side of the radio cavity once you remove the factory radio.  There should be two plugs that match the ones you're wiring to your new stereo, just unplug them and plug your radio in.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic