the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bass loud boom when turning off headunit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2008 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
does your amp have a bass knob? why dont you use a splitter on a non noisy output to feed signal to your sub amp and just use a the bass knob to adjust your sub volume. normally i hate bass knobs but in this case it seems like a good last resort option if you cant fix the problem
s_suzuki 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2008 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
does your amp have a bass knob? why dont you use a splitter on a non noisy output to feed signal to your sub amp and just use a the bass knob to adjust your sub volume. normally i hate bass knobs but in this case it seems like a good last resort option if you cant fix the problem
Yes the amp has it. Ill try to send the radio to see if they can repair it. if they cant, then ill have to do something like that. thanks a lot
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2008 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

Did you try the fix behind the radio, or did you do it at the amplifier?   Doing it at the amplifer would cause more noise.  If you tried it at the radio and it caused more noise, there is obviously something wrong with the muting circuit of the radio.  As stated above maybe some Y adapters are in order.

s_suzuki 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2008 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

Did you try the fix behind the radio, or did you do it at the amplifier?   Doing it at the amplifer would cause more noise.  If you tried it at the radio and it caused more noise, there is obviously something wrong with the muting circuit of the radio.  As stated above maybe some Y adapters are in order.

Yes, i tried directly behind the radio. the cable just added noise, typical alternator whine. but the "boom" when turning off/changing source/changing radio station remained the same. i guess my head unit really need to be checked by a professional :D
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2008 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
s_suzuki wrote:
soundnsecurity wrote:
Yes the amp has it. Ill try to send the radio to see if they can repair it. if they cant, then ill have to do something like that. thanks a lot
well if you do send it off for service just make sure when you re-install it the first step it disconnect the negative terminal from the battery. it's important because it could be what caused your problem to begin with
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
try taking the amp turn on lead and wire it to a relay and place a diode across the trigger terminals to see if it surpresses the pop. i had issues like that too. wired in a relay and diode and no more pop.
nitrob 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
I have the same problem but am using a hi/low converter that is active (uses power and ground and the amp turn on is detected by the signal from the RCA)  This will be taken care of when I replace the head  unit.  I am using all HiFonics amps.  Two Brutus and one Zeus.  Good luck on your repair.
jordan61488 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
i have one of them jensen tvs would checking the 4 jacks be the solution for me?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
If your unit has tons of engine noise, or it is popping as his is, then yes you should check your unit also.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic