the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

to upgrade my system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Is this your sub?
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/217888139TRD1263-A_UC.pdf
ratster45 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

yea bro this is my sub a.

sealed enclosure     Recomended      1.25 cu.ft(35.4litres)                                  

Max                        1.75 cu.ft(49.5 litres)

min                        .85 cu.ft (24.1 litres)

Ported                         Recomended    1.65 cu.ft(46.7 litres)          3"dia(76 mm)X 6.5"(165mm)

max                      2.05cu.ft (58.0 litres)          3" dia(76 mm) x 5"(127mm)

min                       1.25cu.ft (35.4 litres)            3' dia (76mm) X 9"(229mm)

ok now how to go about building a box. ill have a read of the forum i think.

with the hole in the barrier, im just cutting away the metal and leaving the back seat up against it a. this will still create better air flow yea

What size would u suggest i go with as a first time sub box builder. sealed or ported

i think i will do some measurements and c if i can fit a box with two subs in it in the back otherwise i will resort to one

ratster45 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
I  plan to make a custom box for my sub.  I am goin for a Rectangle box 450mmX350mmX350mm and 1 inch thick. this will give me about 1.26 cu.ft wat ya think sound like a go ahead?? im of using both if i can get them to fit if not 1 will be out of there. all ya help is appreciated and looking to learn as much as i can from this install.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
by my calculations that would give you 1.6^3ft internal minus whatever volume your sub displaces, so that sounds ok to me. how big is the box you have in there now?
ratster45 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
yea mite be a good plan a i am thinking of putting both subs back in and i will be able to get both boxes back in so i am thinking of starting that. how would i secure the plexiglass. what should i use to seal it. the current box in there is 2.3cu.ft not including displacement of the sub for both.there is a divider in the box between the two subs. is this a good idea or should i start by ripping that out and having the 2 subs in the 1 box. also leading to my next question  would 2 single boxes with 1.63 cu.ft - sub be  ok or should i make 1 double box??
ratster45 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  

ratster45 wrote:

sealed enclosure     Recomended      1.25 cu.ft(35.4litres)                                  

Max                        1.75 cu.ft(49.5 litres)

min                        .85 cu.ft (24.1 litres)

can anyone help me i am building a box 900mm x 350mm x 350mm will this be big enough. i am useless on conversions to litres and cu feet

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic