icon

2005 neon stereo wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nightowl2 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I found the wiring for remote start and alarm but not for the stereo. I need the wires at the dash and at the factory locations if the are different. The vehicle has the stock equipment and does not have the Kicker upgrade. I will be replacing the doors and rear deck.
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
WIRECOLORPOLARITYLOCATION 2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.BatteryPINK/LIGHT BLUE(+)RADIO HARNESS
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.AccesoryRED / WHITE(+)RADIO HARNESS
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.GroundBLACK(-)RADIO HARNESS
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.IlluminationORANGE(+)RADIO HARNESS
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.LF Speaker (+)DARK GREEN
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.BLF Speaer (-)BROWN / RED
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.RF Speaker (+)VIOLET
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.RF Speaker (-)DARK BLUE/RED
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.LR Speaker (+)BROWN / YELLOW
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.LR Speaker (-)BROWN / LIGHT BLUE
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.RR Speaker (+)DARK BLUE/WHITE
2005 neon stereo wiring - Last Post -- posted image.RR Speaker (-)DARK BLUE/ORANGE
jseibold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
Make it easy on yourself and buy a harness adapter for swapping the head unit.......use the diagram above when you change out your speakers so you get the polarity right.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2008 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, buying a harness adaptor and running all new wires would be easier how? I'm not going to make them spend money when it isn't needed. If we were replacing the radio then absolutely, but they want to keep the stock radio. I tried to get them to get all new but this is what they can afford.
jseibold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

First, I didn't realize that you are keeping the stock head unit so nevermind about the harness adapter.

Second, who said anything about running new wire?

Third, what are you talking about spending more money than needed?

nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I guess we can do this like that. First, I asked for the wire colors at the dash and at the doors IF they were different because I wanted that information and if one would stop reading there I can see how one would have suggest the wire harness adaptor because why else would someone want that information. If you read the rest of the post, I said I was replacing the doors and the rear deck, I said nothing about the radio. Now last. Thank you for the information.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic