icon

1998 chevy sprint 5 speed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
p/t installer 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
need any help i can get in obtaining remote start wiring for a 1998 chevy sprint manual transmission. is the clutch switch just a straight (+) trigger therefore connecting the start wire off of the remote start unit would work. what's the doorpin wire, or the e-brake wire, and how many ignitions and accessories need to be powered up. don't forget the tach wire, brake wire, and parklight wire. i would appreciate any info. all of my tech has nothing on the 1998 sprint. directwire and audiovox both show nothing heeeeeeeeelp ! pleeeeeeeeeease!
oneohm 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Remote start on a manual transmission is risky. Aside from that my sources don't provide info. I would recommend a Haynes manual if you want to attempt it.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
just test for your wires geeze! do you not have a DMM? your supposed to test all your wires before you connect to them anyway.
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
look up info on a 98 geo metro. same car exactly, though I was under the impression they stopped making the sprint in like 91- 92
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

also what unit are you installing? just make sure it's compatible with a standard. if it is then it's pretty much 100% safe. everybody thinks you can't put a starter on a standard, but if you have one meant for it then you'll never have a problem. for a reliable unit to put on a standard, I'd always reccommend a dei product or a compustar. done tons of them with flawless results.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic