2004 accord 2 door remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
labe0202 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

Trying to install a Viper RS/Alarm in a 2004 Accord 2-Door and have come across a couple problems.  The first is the factory alarm disarm wire located in the driver's door.  All of the diagrams I have mention a white wire in the "driver's door module."  I can't find any "module," definitely a couple of harnesses that plug into the switches on the door, but no "module."  Gotta love drilling through Molex plugs to not find the wire.  Also, the diagrams I've found point out the door trigger as coming out of a "5 pin green plug behind the fusebox."  Am I supposed to be pulling the fuse box off to get to this plug?  I could see behind it a little and there aren't any plugs behind the fusebox, and I couldn't find a green 5 pin plug above, below, or to either side of the fusebox.  If anyone help me out with any of this it would be very much appreciated.  The printout from DirecTechs would be just great as well.  Thanks again, Happy New Year!

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Directechs for an '05, already posted. Shouldn't be too much different, if at all, from your subject car.
The combination switch with windows/locks/mirrors is the driver's door module. It's considered a DDM and not just a switch because it communicates via data with other modules on the car which actually supply power to the lock and window motors, rather than switching that power itself.
That door trigger could probably be found either a) running up the driver's side A-pillar or b) in the driver's kick, harness to rear.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged  
If the dome light goes out within 3 secs of locking the vehicle via the alarm, use the dome light switched (not 12v+ and not permanent ground) feed, drive side "A" pillar. Actually it is in our ones, just see which way the cables go from the dome light.
labe0202 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the help and clarification guys.  I want to look in the A pillars for the door trigger but there are side curtain airbags labelled on them.  Is it alright to pull the pillar covers off anyway or would I be treading in dangerous waters with the SRS?  Thanks again!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Take it back from the domelight or once you ascertain the colour and which side, you should be able to pick that cable up at the top of the kickwell, usually a conecting plug on Hondas. If you must go into the A pillars go BEHIND the airbags, in NO CIRCUMSTANCES run a cable over them.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
happy new year howie
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
And to you t&t

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.