2007 nissan altima, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
I put in a SRT9000 2-way into a nissan 2007 Altima
at 1st for key bypass with intkey we used a tata (key in a box)
i used the lil key that slides out
I hard wired locks and to dome for door trig, brake, parklites,trunk pop, and so on
It all works fine
The only thing is that when you shut the door and arm the factory and aftermarket (they both work together) the car wont remote start due to not seeing a key im sure.
So then i put in a can sl-2 bypass (just for the key bypass since I hard wired it all) and the same thing. It only worked till i shut the door and armed.
Should i disco the hard wire and use all the data to do locks and fact disarm, trunk and all to see if thats why???????????
The car will remote start all day long if the intela key is sitn in the car.
What am i missing? Thanks in advance
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
no replies, hmmmm must be new to the installers on this site, i noticed i placed a similiar topic a while back, and till this date i haven't gotten a reply
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
now i don't know much about ur particular vehicle ok, but i'll let you u in on  the little i know about this intellikey system, i work on practically only nissan cars and i'm from the carribean, the intellikey is what enables the car to start via the keyless method, but isn't neccesary since the car can be started without the intellikey present, once you have the correct key for the ignition switch, i'm not sure but i'm thinking what the intellikey does via the signal, is done when the key is inserted into the switch, without the intelikey present in the car it can't be hotwired, i've tried to do it a couuple times on different nissans that came to the shop, for my own curiosity of course, i'm thinking the key makes a physical connection inside the ignition cylinder, that enables the car to start withouthe intellikey actually on the vehicle, i know the intellikey isn't neccesary because alot of my customers have come to the shop with just the keys for the vehicle, and claimed when they bought the car never recieved the box it slides into, so ur theory about the car not seeing a key could be correct since their is no transponder present in the key you currently have in the box of the bypass. bear in mind, that the info. i have given are my personal findings and interpretations, so feel free to correct me if it's neccesary. happy new year.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
I am pretty sure that the vehicle will not start with the factory alarm in an armed state.  Try placing a key in the ignition to see if you were right about it being the lack of a key.   I really think you need to disarm the factory alarm in order for it to start.
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
ok first the key that slides out its just to lock and unlock the doors can not be used for bypass second if you used a module you have to follow the wire diagrams from the manufacture of the module how did you wired up you ing,starter and acc? in my opinion if you are ok with loosing a key just used this document HERE from DEI or use a data solution (like the XK07) but make sure you follow the installation guide that comes with the product.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with dtk1.
The factory slide-out key is only for opening the door, and this is clearly stated in the car's owner's manual.
If you're willing to give up an Intelligent Key, you can use the DEI 1101T, or just make your own by soldering wires to the Intelligent Key's battery, and use a relay so the battery only energizes when the remote start is on.
The XK07 works terribly in these cars, with false instructions, and should be avoided.
The Fortin CAN-SL2 works great, and the installation instructions are readily available at www.ifar.ca.
mike swanson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
dtk1 wrote:
ok first the key that slides out its just to lock and unlock the doors can not be used for bypass second if you used a module you have to follow the wire diagrams from the manufacture of the module how did you wired up you ing,starter and acc? in my opinion if you are ok with loosing a key just used this document HERE from DEI or use a data solution (like the XK07) but make sure you follow the installation guide that comes with the product.
The key that slides out can start the car alone.
If i put the key in the ign it will remote start the car
The chip is glued in the side of the key
mike swanson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
"i'm thinking the key makes a physical connection inside the ignition cylinder, that enables the car to start withouthe intellikey actually on the vehicle,"
Yes T&T this is what i think , i hear a motor sound from the key switch when you just slide the key in
testing with a meter found 2 that go + when key is in
i wire them up and still wont start
For the Factory alarm it disarms with unlock/lock wires
so i set it to unlock the doors when R/S and relock
It relocks b4 the start so i will look at that on fri
i may need to just disarm and not unlock the door @ R/S
any ideas keepmcomin
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
ok i never knew that the key had a chip glued on to it, hmmm i learned summ new
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
you learn something new each and every day t&t. i know i did
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic