icon

2002 subaru outback remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
muns15 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
does anyone know where i can find the a vehicle wiring diagram for a 2002 subaru outback? I am trying to install a remote start system into it. thanks for your time.
stiver_32 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Try the link at the top of the screen: Vehicle Wiring

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.html

Install tip:

I have a 2000 Outback Sedan and can not open the doors via factory keyfob once the vehicle is remote started.  I believe this is due to the fact that you can only disarm the factory alarm via the factory keyfob.  For me its not a big issue.... I just have to shut off the remote start, then hit the unlock button on the factory keyfob..... OR unlock my doors prior to remote starting. (downfall is that the factory keyfob has poor range)

muns15 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  
there is no diagram on that link for a 2002 outback. I am new to all this only installed 1 system so far but it wasnt that difficult.  are your unlock wires hooked up properly on your sedan? i would think that the key fob on the remote start should unlock your doors. i dont really know what the security system is like on them. thanks for your help
stiver_32 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  

My remote start keyfob does not do keyless entry.  I often wonder if I had a RS w/ keyless that it might disarm the factory security on unlock.

Try Bulldog Security's website for a wiring diagram.  I just looked and they have it.

PRINTABLE VERSION
  SUBARU

12 VOLT CONSTANT  WHITE (+)   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 STARTER WHITE/ BLACK (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 STARTER 2 N/A  
 IGNITION 1 GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS 
 IGNITION 2 N/A   
 IGNITION 3 N/A    
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 YELLOW (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A    
 KEYSENSE N/A    
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) BLACK/ WHITE (-)  @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH  
 PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) ORANGE (+)  @ PARKING LIGHT SWITCH  
 POWER LOCK WHITE (TYPE B)  IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS FROM DOOR  
 POWER UNLOCK GREEN/ RED (TYPE B)  IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS FROM DOOR  
 LOCK MOTOR WIRE RED / GREEN (+)  IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS FROM DOOR  
 DOOR TRIGGER PINK/BLACK (-)  WHITE PLUG BEHIND FUSEBOX  
 DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION USE DOOR TRIGGER, Requires Part #775 Relay    
 TRUNK RELEASE LIGHT GREEN/ YELLOW (5 WIRE) See NOTE *1, Requires Part #775 Relay  @ HATCH RELEASE SWITCH, See DIAGRAM   14301_OUTBACK_5-WIRE TRUNK RELEASE DIAGRAM.pdf
 SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A    
 HORN RED / GREEN (-)  @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS  
 TACH YELLOW /GREEN  @ IGNITION COIL  
 WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A    
 BRAKE WHITE/ BLACK (+)  @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL  
 FACTORY ALARM DISARM  N/A    
 ANTI-THEFT N/A    
NOTES
 NOTE *1 this vehicle uses a 5-Wire TRUNK/HATCH Release System that will require an extra relay part #775, See DIAGRAM
 LINK 1 LINK TEXT 1 LINK 2 LINK TEXT 2

lostissues 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  

with most subarus the factory alarm can only be armed and disarmed from the factory remote. if you hook up locks from your remote start unit then your aftermarket remstart key fob will open the door. I usualy tell people after the get one installed to throw the factory remote in the glove box and only use the aftermarket one. that way the alarm should never be set and thus never need to be disarmed.

Jonathan

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

the reason factory remotes dont work when remote started is because the security unit on the car senses a 12v on the ignition line, meaning it thinks your keys are inside the cylinder. when keys are in the cylinder, there is noway to use your factory fob now. the only way around this is to get an aftermarket alarm/rs with keyless entry hooked up.

"with most subarus the factory alarm can only be armed and disarmed from the factory remote"

most cars will have factory disarm and arm wires and if you send a ground pulse to it, it will disable. For the cars that dont have this wire(rare) then you will need to program the unit to unlock prior to start - star car - lock doors. 

btw this is is veryy easy to do. you can install the rs within a few hours since its more simple than most cars.

Remote Start
WIRECOLORPOLARITYLOCATION
BatteryBLACK/ WHITE(+)IGNITION HARNESS
Ignition 1BLACK(+)IGNITION HARNESS
Accessory 1BLACK/ BLUE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 1BLACK / YELLOW(+)IGNITION HARNESS
Anti-Theft DescriptNONE
Parking LightsVIOLET(+)HEADLIGHT SWITCH OR FUSE BOX
Brake LightsWHITE/ BLACK(+)BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH

if you got anymore questions, feel free to ask.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

also to add, the car will have type b locks (-) but it will only work if your unit has the lock feature outputs. what unit are you instaling, that way i can help you out.

afterall i said i promised myself to help out as many people as possible in the new year ahah

muns15 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
thanks alot for the wiring.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic