icon

valet 562t cranks no start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
you've got to check the manual for programming instructions, that's ok if it changes both wires, the second blue wire ur tlking about is only used if you wanted to have progressive locking, which is not the case with u so this wire remains unused. if it still doen't work when u program for double pulse post back, also check to make sure ur alarm is giving output on the unlock wire, and have u checked to see if ur rocker switch still works when u connect the lock and unlock wires?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
kevindanielk 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Last time I worked on an xterra, I also couldn't get the door locks to work properly when following the diagram to hook them up from the SECU. I went straight inside the drivers door and hooked them up and they worked the first time. You'll have to probe for the two wires inside the door, while turning the key in the door cylinder or toggling the lock/unlock switch to find them, and then run the blue and green door lock wires from the 562t up into the door and hook them up there. I've always had to do this with every nissan I've ever put an alarm into, and it also has been double pulse for all the nissans I've done.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
you should try that pappasteve, it just might work.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Are you actually testing what people suggest? We all use crib sheets but we treat them as a BASIS and check everything. t&t, do you get UK or US Nissans? Is this vehicle similar to the Almeira? That had a body control unit next to the steering column and one was able to pick up door contacts, indicators, locks 12v+ and ign off of just this unit.
pappasteve 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
At the secu wires there is 5 volts at rest and ground when turning the key in the drivers door lock.  There is no change in voltage when I toggle the switch on the door panel.  I tried the single and double pulse and it would not unlock either way.       
pappasteve 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

The sheet I have been refering to was from the directwire website the guy gave me from were the valet system was purcahsed.

The secu is to the right of the steering column as you described and thats were the wires are that I was testing.

hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
on some of the xterra's ive seen the lock wires as follows power unlock solid brown or yellow with a red stripe. and power lock light green with a red stripe or solid yellow. i would get them from either the ecu or theres a module to the right of the steering column thats white. or the drivers kick panel you can trace the harness thats running into the door and get it there. never NEVER just hook up wires with out testing to confirm them especially on any car with a computer. there could be several wires the same color as the tech sheet says or the tech sheet could be wrong. then when you send ground or 12v to the wire you could be buying a new bcm or ecm etc.. so always test. hope this helps you
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

if the voltage on the wires don't change with the depression of the rocker switch, you definitely have the wrong wires, this is a pretty long topic and i'm assuming ur getting frustrated at this point, it's simple, save urself some time and stress and carry both lock and unlock wires to the two wires that lead into the driver's door, as the poster before mentioned you'll find them in the driver kickwell, test to verify, if all fails u and ur not sure, just take the wires into the driver door, behind the controls ur sure to find a solution to ur problem.

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
howie, i don't believe i've ever done a u.s or u.k nissan, but i would welcome the challenge anyday, almeras yes i've been doing them since day 1, i love these cars,to work on that is, i normally pick up all my wires behind the instrument cluster, everything, doors, locks, parking lights, hazard, ign 12 volts, and one of the things i love with these cars is that once you interrupt the ignition circuit the starter circuit is disabled to, makes life a whole lot easier.
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
on the xterra the lock and unlock wires will not meter when using the power lock switch you have to test them while turning the key in either door lock cylinder.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic