big fiberlass undertaking 4 18s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chase09 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys whats up,
My name is Chase and I need some feedback. I'm relatively new to the fabrication part of car audio. I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse with four 18 inch addictive audio v3s going in it.(They don't come out until the end of January.) The backseat is out of the car and not going back in. Here's my plan as of now..
Two of the subs are going to fire towards the front seats and two towards the back hatch window on the same angle as the window itself. There are two boxes and each box is 10 cubic feet.
My questions are:
1) How do i figure out what to tune the box to?
2) If i have the air space am i crazy to put in 6 instead of 4?
3) What kind of damage should i anticipate or expect from the pressure and vibrations?
4) What brand of dampening material should I get and how many layers of it?
5) How many layers of fiberglass on the box?
Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. I want to do this right so let me know everything and anything I may have missed or should add.
Thanks a lot,
Chase
airhed692000 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
OK this is what I'm going to ask you to do.
give me the inside measurements of your car.
1)From the back of the front seats to the back?
2)From side to side (where the hatch is and where the seats are?
3)From top to bottom of the car (where the back seat was)?
4)From the back hatch is to the floor?
I thank that is it, This is what I am going to do for you. I am going to make blue prints for you so your not left in the dark.
This will be a design from the computer program that I have that I made all my custom boxes and normal boxes from.
This is what i would do if i was building that box. Put all 4 facing to the front. You will have so much bass in there you will not need it to hit the window at all. One more question for you, Do you have tint on the windows of you car because if you don't I would do that before doing this. If you want to see what I am talking about with the computer model that click like at the bottom. (THE BUTTON STARTS WITH WWW) this will bring you to my myspace page. Click on pics and look at them. Let me know.
Just one more question what do you want the subs to be tune to? I sounds like you are going for DB drag but I am just asking.
Ronald Bailey Owner/ Installer of VIBRATION CUSTUM SOUNDS
Pioneer 5 1/4f, 6x9b
xdvd8183 7" screen,Amp-BX1206d
0/4power/ground cables
15" RE AUDIO xxx in a 4.5ft3 box tuned to 34hz 146.3db
chase09 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
ok heres the measurements
back of the car to the front seats = 60 feet
side to side(passenger seat location) = 50 inches
Top to bottom(passenger seat location) = 35 inches
hatch to floor = 23 inches
hatch(closest to rear) = 36 inches
hatch(closest to cabin) = 45 inches
as far as the tuning goes, im not sure what i should tune it too. Should i try to find out the resonance frequency? and tune to that? im unfamiliar with tuning.
and yes, this is being made for DB drags and everyday driving.
just let me know if you need any more info.
thanks a lot
Chase
airhed692000 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
I thank i need 2 more things. The model number of the subs that you are getting so i can find info about them to make the box tuned right and where do you want the amp or amps to be chilling. I hope this is 6 feet not 60 feet. After i get that info then I can design the box and get it to you for building. Write me a personal message with an e-mail address so i can send you the blue prints. They will not let me put them on here. I will take me to make the box on my computer about 2-3 days max if everything goes right. Just to let you know that I thank with this box you might have to put it together in your car or maybe have a friend help you put it in. Have you worked with fiber glassing before because this is going to take about 2-3 days to build min. That is without painting it if thats whats you are going to do. I will tune the box to 35hz. Good for db drag and daily driving. 10ft3 per box with 2 subs in each. so all together 22ft3 box without the subs and 20 with the subs in it. well let me know asap so i can start this for you.
Ronald Bailey Owner/ Installer of VIBRATION CUSTUM SOUNDS
Pioneer 5 1/4f, 6x9b
xdvd8183 7" screen,Amp-BX1206d
0/4power/ground cables
15" RE AUDIO xxx in a 4.5ft3 box tuned to 34hz 146.3db

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic