icon

03 f 150 hid problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kwguy 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys i have an issue going on with my truck. it is a 2003 ford f-150 crew cab, i recently got some hid lights for it my only problem is that when i turn my headlights on the high beam marker in my dash is allways on and i do not have highbeams. if any body has encountered this problem i would greatly appreciate if i can get pointed in the right direction

thanx in advance

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
if you want a simple fix you can do this to one or both sides. go and buy two 1157 light bulbs and two sockets for them. take the two possitive wires and twist them together than connect them to the hi beam wire from the factory harness. than ground the third wire on the new bulb socket.
there is other ways to do this but this is by far one of the easiest.
the problem is the car needs to see a ground path of about 6 ohms (which would be similar to when a light bulb is present) and if it does not see it , it seems an issue. and you cant just put a resistor shorting between gorund and the hi beam wire because if you by mistake hit the high beam it will melt the resistor fast.
if you dont want to go the light bulb way there is load resistors generally used for led turn signals however if there are on for most than pulses they to will burn up. so again i say a bs light bulb is one of the fastest roots
or the last thing is this. your gunna need two diodes per side . find the parking light wire the possitive wire actually going to the parking light bulb. cut it and place two didoes on the line coming from the light bulb. Butt connect the two diodes to the possitive wire (BULBSIDE) one with the strip of diode facing bulb and one with it facing away from it. now connect the diode with the strip facing bulb to the original parking light wire. and connect the other diode to the hi beam wire. this does not work on all cars but i have used it in the past to stop hid flickering and such. this method should let enough ground path signal to prevent hi beam light out error.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
kwguy 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
preciate it djfearny i will do that as soon as i can since its rayning real bad03 f 150 hid problems -- posted image.
Tripnbeats 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~107296~get~last
answer is there
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic