icon

99 accord v6 remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluiezaccord 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
hey did you ever get it working?? i have the same exact car and going to install a viper 5900 very soon. i also have the 555h.
let me know ok?
dantheman89 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

Yes replacing the battery did a wonder for mine, but I kind of knew that when it was doing what it was doing like it would only work when I had a battery charger hooked up to it. 

Thanks,

Daniel

bluiezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
thats good to hear that the 555h worked since your car is a late 98 manufacture date. mine is actually a 11/98. would you mind helping me with the 555h install and where you found the tach wire?
dantheman89 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

I have no problem with that the tach wire is located about 1ft behind the battery towards the firewall.  It is hanging on the finder,  It is a two pin connector with only one 18ga blue wire running to it.  It will have a black rubber boot on it.  As far as the 555h do you have the instructions that came with it?  Make sure that you do set your meter to ac voltage when you are testing the tach wire.  If you have it set on DC it will just show 12v when the ignition is on.  Whenever you power your 555h use the white wire in the ignition harness. 

bluiezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
I did a lot of looking around. I think I can do the 555h with no problems. As for the tach wire, is this it:
99 accord v6 remote start problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
It does not connect to anything right? So i would just connect the tach wire from the alarm to this point (circled in red)?
Thanks again for the info. sorry to hj your thread
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
That is indeed the tach test connector there.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
bluiezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
alright cool. I tested the voltage out with the dmm set to AC and it came back with 1.46v
so the whole point of this wire is just to test out the voltage? other than that it has no use?
also would i just connect this to the alarm?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
The purpose of the wire on the car is so that a Honda dealer mechanic can have a quick and easy way of displaying engine RPM while servicing the vehicle. It may also control the tachometer in the gauge cluster.
The purpose of the connection to the remote start is so that it knows the engine has started and it can stop cranking. When the RS recognizes the tach pattern programmed to it, it will immediately release the starter relay output. As discussed in many other posts this is superior to voltage sensing in which the RS will tend to crank the starter just slightly too long or too short.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
bluiezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
great and valuable info chris. thanks
bluiezaccord 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
do i need relays for installation?