icon

paying for tuning / setup tips 2,000 sys

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
caraudion00b 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
just totaled my sebring jxi limited, got a new 08 ford taurus.
i installed the sony xplod GT820IP, also added a 10" diamond d3 (used to be in convertable, was all i could fit :() powered by a 500 watt mono alpine amp.
i just spent $1,050 as i saved very dime of my pay check for 6 months, and needed a treat to myself since i bought a cheap car, where my audio will soon out value it.
so here is my config (it is currently being worked on over night, paying extra $1,000 for them to do it on a sunday as that's the only day they close - but since i spend so much, twice - he hooks it up
Ford/Mercury Factory Stereo Integration Package - stock radio in taurus is in trunk by wheel, the dash s just a control panal, so i have to buy the convert package for
Ford/Mercury Factory Stereo Integration Package - $70
2 sets of Alpine SPR-57C 4 ohm 100 watt rms - $110 a set
Diamond D3 500.4 Car Audio D3 Series 4Ch 500 Watt Speaker Amplifier Even the store can't figure out why this is $200 when retail is 500-600.
sony xplod GT820IP ( $250 3 month ago ) - 17 rms, full ipod control , hoping the new speakers + amp will improve the system i used in my old car a lot -- im excited for the bass since i always had a convertible and now have a car thats sealed .
10 Diamond D3 Series 400 Watt RMS Sub $125 ( 4-5 month ago )
10" box, ported or somthin?
500 watt 2 ohm rms / 300 watt 4 ohm rms alpine mrp-m500 ( $175 5-6 month ago)
So my question, where the heck do i begin? I'm paying $1,050 for everything. 120 day store money back no questions full item and installation refund.
750 for the gear, 300 for install.
needed the connector uninstalled, deck put in, climate peice re-installed, sub amp installed, 4 speakers installed, speaker amp, fuses, a 2nd battery..
what do i want? I want to be able to blast techo, dance, trance, rave, metal, rap -- i need to be able to have my volume blasting without having the speaker subs fail to keep up like my sebring did.
mostly due to no bass or treble control on dash, but now i will have a high and low cross over.
whats the best way to tune? could use tips on what to set sub eq to, bass, gain, lpf
also, for having so much installed, and quite high end stuff, does $1,050 seem like an amazing deal for everything with parts, wiring, install, minus the 1 sub and mono amp -- but the amp still needing to be installed.
I am new to cars, i have saved 95% of every paycheck for 2 years, i felt like treating myself. Also trying to find a small turbo to get on a taurus if possible. going from 210 hp w/ autostick to 160 with automatic is lame!
Blaha
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Just feel like talking today, do ya?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Personally, I feel you might have paid too much. NOW, if you want to tell yourself that you paid a grand for the INSTALL, and got all the (mostly entry-level gear, IMO) gear for free, then you might have a "deal".
Now, that being said, *we* cannot tell you how to install or tune your system. My suggestion would be go to the shop, and tell them what you want, WHILE YOU ARE SITTING IN THE CAR AND LISTENING TO SOMETHING YOU KNOW, AND ARE FAMILIAR WITH - "more this, less that", etc. - and let them do what you paid them to do.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
mrarff 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Is this "for real" or is this whole thing a joke?
"That'll get ya 10 in Leavenworth,11 in Twelveworth, or 5 & 10 in Woolworth". Groucho Marx                                                      

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic