icon

97 bravada, avistart 4100

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ntl1991 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
I have just purchased a used 97 Olds Bravada and I'm in the process of installing my (used, came out of my old 97 S10 Pickup) Avital Avistart 4100 Remote Start. The Bravada's previoous owner had an alarm installed, but it's disconnected. The "brain" is nowhere to be found, but the alarm horn is in the engine compartment and there's an LED light mounded in the dash.
My AviStart 4100 has a built-in LED light in the control module... It doesn't make it convenient when you want to program it; I have to take the kick panel down and get to it. Also, I believe that the module blinks when the ignition is off, mimicking that of an alarm system.
Other than de-soldering the LED off the Remote Start's circuit board and soldering the wires to the dash-mounted LED, is there a way around this to get the LED on the dash to blink when the car is off?
Also, can I hook the alarm horn to the remote start's horn output to get a "chirp" when the car is locked/unlocked, or is this feature reserved for horns only?
Thanks,
Nick
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
if your unit has a ground when armed wire you can replace the existing LED in the dash with a flashing one hooked up to that wire. you can use the horn output for the siren to get chirps but your unit probably has a low current horn output, so you should use a relay.
ntl1991 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
I have the Avital Avistart 4100 and I'd like to hook up my 1997 Bravada's rear defogger to the output of the reamote start. I have the Wiring diagram for the Rear Heated Glass Element attached below, but I'd like to know which wire goes to what pin on the relay that I wire up...
97 bravada, avistart 4100 -- posted image.
Nick
ntl1991 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2009 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

No one knows how to hook up a defroster to my remote start? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Nick

loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2009 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
You will need to buld a relay circuit. In your diagram, use A for #87; cut 3 ppl/293 in half and use the switch side for #87a; use the defogger side for #30, use GWR for #85, and used a fused(1 amp) ACCESSORY source for #86. Be aware, the defogger will always operate and there will be no indicator lamp, when the remote start is running .
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2009 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

loneranger wrote:
You will need to buld a relay circuit. In your diagram, use A for #87; cut 3 ppl/293 in half and use the switch side for #87a; use the defogger side for #30, use GWR for #85, and used a fused(1 amp) ACCESSORY source for #86. Be aware, the defogger will always operate and there will be no indicator lamp, when the remote start is running .

dont connect pin 85 to the GWR from the remote start. use a channel output that is programable to be latched and then resets with the ignition. that way you can turn the defogger on or off when you want simply by pressing the button on your remote that controls that channel.

BTW, nice signature ranger.

loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2009 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
As ckeeler said, use a different trigger, if you need to. Also, you can use PNK/39 as a source for #86. It's already fused, but it's hot in the crank position also, which I don't like. If it makes it easier, it will work, though.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic